D* with 5.1 Surround Sound

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Green_Flea

Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Anyone have any info about the settings I should be running on my receiver, Its a Onkyo HT-670. The center channel is the only clear one and the rest are just garbled and distorted. If I play a DVD or CD my system sounds great, Does D* have a problem with Dolby Digital or Pro Logic II?

Hey Green Flea,

The question I have for you, and what others will need to know is...

What D* Set top box are you running??

On my home theater I'm using the HD-Tivo and it passes 5.1 just fine.

I'm thinking it may be a setting on your STB, or a bad cable.

Well I've reviewed your STB manual and I don't see any where that you can set the type of output you'll get from that box. Since there's no Digital coax, or Digital Optical ports, Dolby Digital it out of the picture.

I think at this point you are stuck with either Dolby 2.0, or getting creative with speaker levels on Dolby Pro Logic.

Yes you are stuck with dolby pro logic II or dts neo at best, how good of a result will depend how the stereo is encoded, which is station and program depended.

Yes that really sucks that there is no Digital Optical ports. I did notice some stations sound better than others. I guess I will just have to mess with it more and try to get it sounding fairly decent. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)