D1000 vs D500?

ajohnson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
Riverside, CA
Pretty sure I've seen enough messages that say it's better to use two D500's to get 110/119 & 129 vs a D1000, but I thought I'd make sure. I swung my 148 dish to 129, but I'm a crazy fellow and was wondering if down the line I might miss out on something at 148 or 61.5 (or even some other slot that doesn't exist yet). Would it be better signal wise to get a D1000 and re-aim my other dish back at 148 (or 61.5) or get a 3rd D500?

The way I see it, theres more flexibility with 3 dishes in case I decide to choose other satellites, but my wife might make me sleep on the couch.

If I get a D1000, I might even be able to sneak it on there without her noticing, and if I convice Dish that I have one, it may make my future CSR experiences simpler (knock on wood). I wouldn't be surprised if Dish insists on sending me a D1000 if/when I upgrade to a 622.

Course I may just leave well enough alone for now.

I have found that a dish 500 for 110/119 and a dish 500 for 129 is more stable for signal with higher signal #s.

As far as a dish 1000 goes it is a good dish but there has been a lot of treads on signal srength being very low as trying to put 3 sat locations on a small dish you kind of have to find the middle of the road for signal strength.

but again it is a matter of were you are a lot of pepole have gotten good results with there dish 1000's so i guess it is up to you, and haveing a extra dish does give ya a chance to move sats around if you like .

but remember 1 thing it dont matter how you get the signal 1 ,2 or 3 dishs as long as you get good signal you will have less problems in the long run.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)