D12-100 reciever issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rmcfad

Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
nv
I just installed two used D12-100 receivers which i Ipurchased off ebay. I received the access cards, contacted DirecTV after sometime working with them they got one up and work fine, but the other unit doesn't. It gives and error (program is not available in your area 727) on some channels, it doesn't even show the correct shows on the guide (like the working ones), its missing channels that the other ones have, almost like its setup for a different state. Example TV's that work show the Olympics on channel 3 on the guide, this box shows golf and when you click on it you get the error above. It doesn't show channel 5 like the other TV's either. Most other channels work even the HBO on this box. They had me reset the dish setttings, reset the unit, etc... Now they are sending a tech out next week. Doesn't make sense to me as it looks like something on the back end. I just want to make sure its not a box issue and get charged for the call.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Did you do a red Button reset and a unplug reset? What is your dish configuration? If your other one is working fine, I don't think its a Dtv error.

Try plugging the other d12 in that spot and see what happens

I just installed two used D12-100 receivers which i Ipurchased off ebay. I received the access cards, contacted DirecTV after sometime working with them they got one up and work fine, but the other unit doesn't. It gives and error (program is not available in your area 727) on some channels, it doesn't even show the correct shows on the guide (like the working ones), its missing channels that the other ones have, almost like its setup for a different state. Example TV's that work show the Olympics on channel 3 on the guide, this box shows golf and when you click on it you get the error above. It doesn't show channel 5 like the other TV's either. Most other channels work even the HBO on this box. They had me reset the dish setttings, reset the unit, etc... Now they are sending a tech out next week. Doesn't make sense to me as it looks like something on the back end. I just want to make sure its not a box issue and get charged for the call.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

The only thing I can think of is to switch locations of the boxes to see if the problems follow the box or stay in the room where the box is located. That should give you more information about your problem...

Yes they had me reset it with the red button multiple times. 5LMB/SWM just like the working one . It acquires the Satellite just fine and pasts all tests. I have moved the boxes back and forth and it stay with the one box/Satellite card.

Thanks for taking the time to give some suggestions.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Since the problem stays with the box, it's likely the box that's the problem.

Thank you, I will send it back.

Before you send it back ...

Go online in your Account and do a Refresh on your recvrs, do all of them, it won't hurt anything to do them all.
Give it a few minutes after it goes thru, usually 15 - 30 minutes and see if that helps.

Also, check your settings and make sure that it is set up for the same Sat dish that the other one is, provided they are the same recvrs.
Looks like they are both -100's so they should have the same settings.

Repeat Sat set up might be necessary to change it IF there are differences.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)