Daily need to re-acquire signal

Jim Ahern

Original poster
Jul 11, 2018
FL & WV
I am new to the forum and have done some searches and cannot find a thread with a problem similar to mine.

i have a Dish system. Following is a list of components in the system.
1. Elliptical antenna.
2. Three LNBs.
3. Three coaxial cables from LNBs.
4. Junction box for three LNB coaxial feeds.
5. 20 foot coaxial from junction box.
6. Coaxial cable connector.
7. One hundred foot coaxial cable to Receiver.
8. Dish vip211k Receiver.
9. HDMI cable from Receiver to TV.

Each day when I turn on the TV I get the message “Acquiring signal 535” then after a minute or so “complete signal loss 015a” I then unplug the receiver for resetting. If I leave the coaxial cable connected to the Receiver the system will fail to acquire a signal, and I wilI again get the “complete signal loss 015a” error message. If I use the following procedure I will re-acquire a signal.
1. Unplug the Receiver.
2. disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the Receiver.
3. Plug the Receiver back in.
4. Wait about 1 minute 15 seconds for the Receiver to boot up and the “acquiring signal 535” screen to pop up.
5. As soon as the “acquiring signal” screen pops up on the TV immediately reconnect the coaxial cable.

When I use this procedure Ninety-five percent of the time I get a signal, download the guide and get our programming.

Any idea where in the system I have the problem?

Thanks for your help.

This would best be posted in the DISH support forum rather than the forum support forum.

I suspect that you're chopping the power to the ViP211k and that's why it is cold booting when you turn it on.

Receivers don't like to have their line power removed entirely as they can't receive firmware updates and guide data.

Have you changed the TV that the 211K is attached to lately? A couple of years back turning on my Sony TV would cause the 722 to reboot and have to re-acquire the signal. The fix was replacing the 722 with a Hopper3.

Some sort of weird HDMI/HDCP negotiation error.

This would best be posted in the DISH support forum rather than the forum support forum.

I suspect that you're chopping the power to the ViP211k and that's why it is cold booting when you turn it on.

Receivers don't like to have their line power removed entirely as they can't receive firmware updates and guide data.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what you mean by “chopping the power” At night when we are finished watching TV I have tried turning off th TV and the Receiver. I have also tried just turning off theTV and leaving the Receiver powered up.

Your 211 could be going bad, losing the ability to process signal. Something I've seen often with the OG 722's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts