Dallas Braden of A's throws 19th perfect game in MLB history

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
What a performance.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300509111"]Tampa Bay Rays vs. Oakland Athletics - Recap - May 09, 2010 - ESPN[/ame]

Great pitching performance today.

He pulled it off againat a damn good team- the team with baseball's best record and the most runs scored.

Man I hate working weekends, always miss the good stuff.

This part was kind of depressing, you just never know when you can go to the park and witness history:

Attendance 12,228 (34.9% full)

I just hope the next time that guy faces the Yankees he ends any chance of a perfect game early by throwing a fastball right into AROID's head!

I just hope the next time that guy faces the Yankees he ends any chance of a perfect game early by throwing a fastball right into AROID's head!

Classy post. I thought A-Rod said some stupid things, but you just beat his act by a mile.

Congrats, you must be proud... :rolleyes:

Sandra

It is unbelievable how karma seems to follow A-Rod around, though. You have to figure there is no way on earth this guy throws a perfect game if A-Rod doesn't go out of his way to disparage Braden's career last month.

Seems like A-Rod really did annoy the baseball gods when he crossed that pitcher's mound!

At least A-Rod seemed to handle it well this time, though. He said all the right things last night. He must have asked Jeter to help him with his quote.

Sandra

Now he has something to back up his smack-talk with A-Rod!

Congrats to the youngster on the 19th all-time perfect game in MLB history. Wow!

Tom Browning ALSO threw a perfect game. And he is alot better pitcher than this kid.....

He has done one incredible feat...but one awesome night does not make him a great pitcher. Let's wait till he get a few good seasons under his belt before we can start saying he has accomplished enough to talk smack.

Tom Browning ALSO threw a perfect game. And he is alot better pitcher than this kid.....

He has done one incredible feat...but one awesome night does not make him a great pitcher. Let's wait till he get a few good seasons under his belt before we can start saying he has accomplished enough to talk smack.

Doesn't seem like accomplishing anything is a requisite to talk smack anymore...in any league.

I agree this does not make Braden a great pitcher, but it does get his name in the record book of baseball immortality.

Sandra

I remember watching that game.

I loved that guy and when I had issues with Florida State when I played college ball...he inspired me to go to a very good LeMoyne Dolphins baseball squad.

I wish more pitchers were like him today. He is a very fast worker. I remember a game where him and Greg Maddux pitched and the whole game only took 1hr 45mins.

I love you grandma. Just stay off the pitcher's mound, OK?

Sandra

A’s pitcher’s Granny says Stick It, A-Rod!

Written by playerpress.com, Monday May 10 2010

After pitching a perfect game on Mothers day, Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden's grandmother told the Yankees third baseman to "stick it."

Before Sunday’s perfect game, Braden had made more of a name for himself this season for his enraged reaction to Rodriguez walking across the mound back on April 22, accusing the three-time AL MVP of breaking an unwritten rule of baseball etiquette.

A day later, A-Rod still thought it was pretty funny and did not see the big deal.

"I was tired," he said. "It's really not that big of a deal. I've done that maybe a few dozen times. It's the shortest route. As I said yesterday, I thought it was pretty funny."

Braden did not think it was funny as he yelled at A-Rod after the inning was over and continued complaining after the game, saying how disappointed he was in the Yankees slugger.

They were going back and forth in recent days and the rift was still making news leading up to Sunday's start.

Following her grandson's perfect game on Mother's Day, a chuckling Peggy Lindsey joined the Braden-A-Rod feud.

"Stick it, A-Rod," said Lindsey, who was in the stands in Oakland on Sunday afternoon to see her grandsons perfect game.

After the Yankees lost 9-3 loss to the Red Sox on Sunday night, A-Rod was asked to comment on Braden's grandma's comments.

"Uncle," A-Rod said.

A

...NICE....:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)