Dammit Voom! Wake Up!! We Need Good Movies!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Enough with these stupid old classics.. ( They might be good movies for you older folks )

Listen these classic's might look ok on HD but what about some HOT BLOCKBUSTER HITS!! I wanna see Saving private ryan, Pearl Harbor, Brave Heart, Terminator, ROBOCOP!! I want these Hit's to be on one of the now stupid 10 cinema channels you have!!

Do you really think people will be upset if you took out one channel that plays all the stupid 50's crap?? NO!!!

WE NEED BLOCKBUSTER HITS IN HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those hits cost mucho bucks to license. you won't see them on cinema10. you're better off praying for them to reduce it to cinema5, go 1080i instead of 720p, and make room for a couple more hd channels of interest, like inhd1&2.

That would be really great, but highly unlikely. As 'barth2k' said, those movies are expensive. And you pretty much get what you pay for with the Cinema 10 channels.

If you want those bigger hits, for now, you'll have to subscribe to the "premium" movie channels.

I would also like to see blockbusters like Phat Beach, Screwed, It's Pat, Free Willy 2, Police Academy 7, Tank Girl, AND ANYTHING WITH McCAULEY CULKIN IN IT!!!

IMPATIENT ONES: You can see all the movies named on PPV. There are very few good movies even on premium channels. Check it out. As they come out of the Theaters and on their way to BB they all fall into the Bermuda Triangle of PPV and stay there. HBO used to have movies as soon as they came out of theaters. It was exciting. But all that's changed with PPV. In the long run I'd rather see proven classics than the last week's garbage dished out by Hollywood.(Gigli anyone??)

fastfed said:
Enough with these stupid old classics.. ( They might be good movies for you older folks )

Listen these classic's might look ok on HD but what about some HOT BLOCKBUSTER HITS!! I wanna see Saving private ryan, Pearl Harbor, Brave Heart, Terminator, ROBOCOP!! I want these Hit's to be on one of the now stupid 10 cinema channels you have!!

Do you really think people will be upset if you took out one channel that plays all the stupid 50's crap?? NO!!!

WE NEED BLOCKBUSTER HITS IN HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day Grasshopper, when you learn the difference between a blockbuster and a "good movie," you shall achieve enlightenment.

BTW, the Grasshopper reference is from the TV series Kung-Fu, a classic for us "older folks."

i dont think it will ever happen. as long as premium channels exists..we wont ever see any blockbuster hits on these regular channels.

Tvlman said:
IMPATIENT ONES: You can see all the movies named on PPV. There are very few good movies even on premium channels. Check it out. As they come out of the Theaters and on their way to BB they all fall into the Bermuda Triangle of PPV and stay there. HBO used to have movies as soon as they came out of theaters. It was exciting. But all that's changed with PPV. In the long run I'd rather see proven classics than the last week's garbage dished out by Hollywood.(Gigli anyone??)

First off we have no PPV and second off are they going to be in HD?? otherwise not worth it to me....

Terminator is 20 years old. If that doesn't qualify as a classic, I don't know what does. Is there a distinction between a classic and a "stupid old classic?"

shut up people. haha. listen. there really is a diff between a classic and a stupid old classic. i dont need to explain...everything so far on cinema10 has been stupid and old.

anything more than 15 years old is too old.

First off we have no PPV and second off are they going to be in HD?? otherwise not worth it to me....
Expect to see lots of HD PPV after the new dish is deployed (October).

Ken F said:
Expect to see lots of HD PPV after the new dish is deployed (October).

Yes, but this is not what this kid wants. He wants them NOW and FREE, and he thinks that he doesn't have it NOW and FREE because of the old farts at Voom who prefer this "stupid 50's crap." :)

I'm nowhere near retirement age yet but I like a lot of classics (always have) and movies from the 60's - 80's. Maybe I'm just "Older at Heart" :D

I watched Rush (Jason Patric & Jennifer Jason Leigh) the other night. Might not qualify as a classic, but the last time I watched it was on my laserdisc player :shocked .

Looked excellent in HD BTW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)