Damn It!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you may have seen Viacom put up a Webpage at http://www.ilostmychannels.com that made Echostar look evil.

We found out that many people were typing in www.ilostmyfavoritetvchannels.com which was unregistered, so Claude from DishStore.NET registered the domain.

While the www.ilostmyfavoritetvchannels.com is not active yet the website for it is.

Please check out http://69.93.121.244/ as this was our counter strike against Viacom.

Too bad we don't need to use it now. :)

Let us know what you think. :D

Looks good to me. Put it up anyway with any necessary revisions. The public relations battle is still going on.

Scott Greczkowski said:
As you may have seen Viacom put up a Webpage at http://www.ilostmychannels.com that made Echostar look evil.

We found out that many people were typing in www.ilostmyfavoritetvchannels.com which was unregistered, so Claude from DishStore.NET registered the domain.

While the www.ilostmyfavoritetvchannels.com is not active yet the website for it is.

Please check out http://69.93.121.244/ as this was our counter strike against Viacom.

Too bad we don't need to use it now. :)

Let us know what you think. :D

You might need the web site the next time Dish or Direct cut channels. How are the Tuner contract talks going?

madpoet said:
Of course, you likely would have gotten sued for using the Spongebob picture without permission ;)
I was thinking the same thing, you might want to be REALLY careful with that.

I didn't make the site. And if I got a letter I would take it down (which I plan on doing anyways since the battle is over! (Yeah!)

Thanks Dish and Viacom!

Actually you wouldn't just get sued for using SpongeBob's picture. First they would send you a large bill for using SpongeBob's likeness (e.g. settlement for using it), and you would get sued if you didn't pay that bill.

There are legions of people around the country that get "finders fees" for reporting this stuff from the web, window displays, window art, billboards, ads, etc. They turn you in and get a finders fee. You have to either pay the license fee or get sued for damages.

Of course, if you could prove it was a "parody" then your first amendment rights would protect you from licensing and/or lawsuits.

Sue for damages? I'd like to see Viacom try to prove a $$$ damage in court on that one. Was libel an issue? I think this was a case of free speech and non-commercial fair use. So when you get the letter Claude, do what I did with a likeness letter from the idiot lawers from Disney a few years ago, I answered them with: "So Sue ME!" Never heard from them again. LOL! As Handle on the Law would say, " They have no case!"

I talked to claude and we will be removing the site later today since everything is over.

Claude also says thats not SpongeBob, its SpongeRob. (SPongeBOB wears a tie - SpongeRob does not) :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I talked to claude and we will be removing the site later today since everything is over.

Claude also says thats not SpongeBob, its SpongeRob. (SPongeBOB wears a tie - SpongeRob does not) :D

very true....I would keep it up. It is funny!

but if you keep it up, Scott or Claude, um theres a spelling error in the 3rd fact.....its LOSE, not LOOSE :D

Scott Greczkowski said:

You may want to run stuff like this by a lawyer who specializes in stuff like this. The boys that you are playing with here don't take this stuff lightly and have lots of very expensive lawyers on their side.

I would not just go by the seat of my pants with stuff like this. They don't take their characters lightly.

Don Landis said:
Sue for damages? I'd like to see Viacom try to prove a $$$ damage in court on that one. Was libel an issue? I think this was a case of free speech and non-commercial fair use. So when you get the letter Claude, do what I did with a likeness letter from the idiot lawers from Disney a few years ago, I answered them with: "So Sue ME!" Never heard from them again. LOL! As Handle on the Law would say, " They have no case!"

Actually, did Viacom's site get permission to mention Dish Network? That copyright sword goes both ways.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)