Damnit - 811 delayed until tomorrow?????

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
2 seperate CSR's gave me same story. Eagerly awaiting with certificate in hand! :evil: I'm thinking it might need until later on today for someone to throw a switch on their software... grrrrrr

not looking any better...painting a bleek picture on "Retailers vs. E*" wrt getting 811's. Argh.

Scott - any chance I could use my spot in the waiting list with a cert? :)

Nope unfortunately Certs are handled directly by Dish Network.

I understand that the CSR's cant do anything til this new FREE DISH or DHP plan is entered into their computers. That should be done later today.

looks like company line is tomorrow for entries. Argh. Thank goodness I didn't wake up at 12:01 AM to call in :)

Can you use Club Dish Certificates for the 811? I know two people who are interested in becoming Dish customers due to HD. I'd like to get them on the Club Dish program. But so far, Club Dish only seems to get 301 or 510s.

I was just at Dish's site and there is still no reference to the 811, only the 6000u. Might mean that the 811 is further delayed??

811s growing whiskers

I assumed we would get store demo units 1st to go along with these RCA/DISHNET HDTVs. I don't have high expectations for the 811s shipping Tuesday.
Hurry up and wait...

bluuz said:
I was just at Dish's site and there is still no reference to the 811, only the 6000u. Might mean that the 811 is further delayed??
No, it just means that their website lags behind what's really going on.

I am scheduled to pick up an 811 on Wednesday from my local retailer. I had given him a $50.00 deposit. I am also going to have him install DishPro equipment when I get the 921. I have two HDTV's. I have been waiting for the a year and one half for the 921. I was advised by the same local retailer back then not to get the 6000 because the 921 was coming out around September of 2002. The 921 kept being pushed back about a quarter at a time and I never purchased the 6000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts