Dang!- My 921 is croaking

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Been having some significant problems the past two weeks with my 2 yr 2 month old 921. Slow response/programs on harddrive pixeled and audio dropouts/pause delay not working/etc... Doesn't this figure as 4/1 isn't here yet :mad: .
I had to make a decision as to how long it's going to last versus how long it is going to take to get a 622 when the flood gates open on 4/1. My gut tells me that unless something drastically changes in the availability of the 622 for the better (really doubt that) then it's possible that I won't see an install date until May/June/whatever.
Decided to call Dish and order a 622 this morning and give up the rebate. Not something I was thrilled with but one has to keep the "wife" factor in mind;) .
They setup a 4/11 install date but hopefully they will ship the unit to me and I can play the tech support roulette game until I find someone who will cancel the install work order and activate. If there was a way of getting thru to the young lady (english speaking- probably the Virginia center) I spoke to this morning then it would be a done deal:D .
As you can see from my signature, I bought a VIP211 the end of January to pickup the new channels. I will wait and see if the 622 is a "good" one for a couple weeks and then sell the 211 at a decent price. This will recoup the $200 extra it is costing me now to go with the 622..
Best of luck to the thousands (?) who are waiting until 4/1!!!
Gerry

If you have DHPP you could of had them switch out your 921 in 2 days so you could have waited the 2 months for the 622 and had your rebate as well.

Either way you will probably have to wait on the 622.

Thanks

Pils said:
Get them to upgrade the 921 to the 942 for free.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want a 942. Already have the HD Platinum package and wanted the 622. At any rate ya do what ya gotta do.. Gerry

Take the 942 for 10 days and upgrade to the 622 with rebate on 4/1.

Even if it takes a few weeks to get a 622, there would be sufficient motivation to get the $200.00 off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)