This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

'Dark Knight' To Bring IMAX Home

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Home Media Magazine | 'Dark Knight' To Bring IMAX Home

Yeah, it's coming soon to the IMAX in Austin. I'm not sure if I can wait that long. I will probably go and watch it on a digital screen at Tinseltown Pflugerville--screw the drafthouse. I don't *NEED* to have a beer to sit through Batman.

Just got home. Its 2.5 hours and sold out every showing today. Seating is a little tight (like packed baseball park seating), so be warned,,,,,and the line was almost out the door. I was about 4th in line though, you need to arrive an hour early and park in the free parking garage accross the street. Heath Ledger is magnificent in this movie, you will find yourself wanting more and more scenes with him in them. He is unbelievably twisted and evil. And the magic trick with the pencil.... oh my.

Cant wait, thanks for the review. Ill be hitting the Imax at 1315 tomorrow. From the looks of the trailers Ive seen, it appears to be magnificent, will def. be a BD buy.

Hey, at least you had a line inside the door.

Thanks to the wonders of digital projection, The Dark Knight was being played on every screen for the midnight showings last night. Theater management was loading one theater at a time so the line to get inside after you bought a ticket wrapped all the way around to the rooftop balcony on three sides of the building. It had to be at least 5,000 people.

Im surprised. but glad its 2.5 hours. I really like a long action style movie if its done right. I dont enjoy the 83 minute deals.

I saw the same thing with Episode III in 2005. I think this is going to be bigger. All the IMAX showings are sold out here all weekend, except for a couple overnight.

I had no idea part of this was shot in full IMAX until I read this thread. I was about to go see it only on DLP. I did get my IMAX tickets for tomorrow before they sold out.