datasheets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I know there used to be a Dish site that had datasheets for all the different receivers but I'm not able to find it anymore. I'm considering upgrading my original Hopper to Hopper3 and I want to compare specs/features on the Joey 2.0, Wireless Joey, SuperJoey, Joey 4K before I decide what to get.

Thanks Scott - any idea if there are similar sheets for the Joeys? I need to run at least one Joey on WiFi, so I'm trying to understand exactly what the differences would be between a Joey 2.0 with a USB WiFi dongle and a Wireless Joey.

Don't think you will find any info on dongle WiFi of a Joey 2.0 because Dish doesn't support that.

I need to run at least one Joey on WiFi, so I'm trying to understand exactly what the differences would be between a Joey 2.0 with a USB WiFi dongle and a Wireless Joey.

Well...if it matters to you, the Joey2 with WiFi Dongle is completely unsupported by Dish, though some on here have got that to work. The Wireless Joey is the supported Dish solution. The Wireless Joey requires a Wireless Joey Access Point (extra $25), so that basically the Wireless Joeys have their own, independent, wireless network. The Access Point connects directly to the Hopper via ethernet cable to provide the wireless signal to the Wireless Joeys. One Access Point can support up to three Wireless Joeys. Personally, I've found the Wireless Joey to be a little bit faster in operation than the regular Joeys.

As for wired, most say the 4K Joey is much faster than the other Joeys, though Netflix doesn't work on the 4K Joey currently, if that is important to you. Lastly, you mentioned the Super Joey in your original post, but be advised that it is not compatible with the Hopper 3. It only works with the two original Hoppers.

Here's Feature Sheets for the Wireless Joey and 4K Joey. Couldn't find one for regular Joey:

Wireless Joey: http://www.echostar.com/~/media/EchoStarWeb/Ads/Documents/IBC/2014/Wireless_Joey_Feature_Sheet.ashx
Wireless Joey Access Point: http://lv.echostar.tv/~/media/1D9CF00E8796417FA099A8D76773D3DE.ashx
4K Joey: http://lv.echostar.tv/~/media/464DE2F421674A38833F8777B0BB318D.ashx

Yes a wireless USB on a Joey does work but the issue is it is in the same network with the rest of your devices. So if you try copying a big file from one computer to another or try downloading something it could effect your joeys wireless connection causing breaking or loss of picture.

The real wires Joey makes its own private wireless AC network and that video traffic is the only thing in that network.

I would go with the wireless Joey myself.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)