Davenport, Iowa HD locals.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
UPDATE: Or lack of;

My RSP has a lot of customers that are anticipating the launch of the Davenport Iowa locals. I too have received several calls from people that were told they would of had it by now. So after calling dish and speaking to several "Advanced" csr's and supervisors, Here is the latest word from dish.....
There are two scheduled launches for the month of November & December. Davenport might be included in one of them. She reiterated that there is no guarantee that Davenport will be included in one of the two. The CSR also went on to say that the HD locals may be placed one of three satellite as there are bandwidth concerns.
I also noticed that on the dish website that Davenport is not included in the "coming Soon" category anymore.

What a crock of crap .... don't tell us it's coming if there are bandwith issues. I have been lied to over and over by them and watched countless smaller markets go up. Just give me the date and stop waffling around and changing dates. First it was September, then Nov 4th, then November 11th .. now who knows. Just tell me when the fricking HD locals are going up and I will be happy.

As an aside, thanks to DirectDishNet for setting me up with an external antenna. Now I don't have to live with Dish Networks timetable (or, come to think of it, pay their local fee!)

I'm just glad he didn't fall off my roof! :)

Lets see, Evansville was uplinked last week, perhaps they will be launched this week, maybe, or "soon" what are the chances Davenport may be uplinked? After Charlie showed a slate last November, that Davenport would fly in February this year, then late Summer , then Fall, Then showed a slate on "chuckles chat" that they would go on inNovember , I'd say the chances are not to good.

As an aside, thanks to DirectDishNet for setting me up with an external antenna. Now I don't have to live with Dish Networks timetable (or, come to think of it, pay their local fee!)

I'm just glad he didn't fall off my roof! :)

hahaha, That roof of yours Nabber was scary!... But, I'm very happy that it all turned out the way we planned it....:up

UPDATE: Or lack of;

There are two scheduled launches for the month of November & December. Davenport might be included in one of them. She reiterated that there is no guarantee that Davenport will be included in one of the two.

They say there are two scheduled launches, but can't say which ones? Then how in the heck do they know there are two scheduled launches? This sucks for Davenport and everyone else. I did see Evansville was uplinked which I hope is good news for me.

The QC have always been an oddity for E*. They were mentioned for addition years ago when EA was started and fell by the wayside. It continues for some reason. Paducah was also delayed, was it not? Strange that all three markets were announced on Retailers and then again soon after on CC, albeit with different dates, and then subsequently pulled. One wonders if the problem is the uplink to 77W.

The QC have always been an oddity for E*. They were mentioned for addition years ago when EA was started and fell by the wayside. It continues for some reason. Paducah was also delayed, was it not? Strange that all three markets were announced on Retailers and then again soon after on CC, albeit with different dates, and then subsequently pulled. One wonders if the problem is the uplink to 77W.

Wondering the same thing as you LadyBoy. It would be nice tho if they would just be upfront and tell us what the deal is.
The longer we wait the more frustrated my customers get. I understand their frustrations and I feel the same way. Most of the ones that have been anticipating the HD locals are having me put up a off air HD antenna for them. That works out good because the locals appear in the guide screen on the hd receivers.

They are probably waiting on the outcome of the 22500 Turbo QPSK testing they started last week. If everything checks out then they will have the bandwidth to pack some CONUS locals in.

It does beg the question why they announced the three markets on two different occasions this Fall without knowing whether they had the bandwidth to do so unless they've had a power/transponder loss at 77W in the interim.

ok ... where are we at? Any news when they are re-scheduled for?

I don't think there's been any word. I think they said until further notice. Maybe they are waiting until they get some additional EA support in place. They may be afraid to use transponder space with the problems they've been experiencing up there from time to time. Seems strange. I'm guessing they'll end up losing some subs over it, from the ones that knew and were disappointed.

yeah, this is suckin.. even though i hoped the locals would happen, this is actually what i expected, delays are nothing new.. on the other hand it has allowed me to sell down stock in mepg2 equipment, because if it is like the quincy market, once hd locals were available, they are required on every install.. now i order only enough 322s and 625s to fill my orders.. and we have processed all the RA's and gotten all those units installed too.. that at least is a silver lining for me.. i am still getting dish 1000.2's ten at a time, but i figure i can use wing dishes for 77 till they are gone, once the locals actually happen.. i would sure like to see a new target date announced.. even if it is wrong, it would be nice to know the goal.. this TBA crap is for the birds..