Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
First one was not too bad..

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked "Rise." I thought it was a worthy reboot essentially replacing "Conquest" in the original pentalogy of Apes movies. This movie I see as replacing "Battle", the absolute WORST of the original 5. If "Dawn" is as good as "rise" I am looking forward to it!

My brother got reserved seats for tomorrow. So I guess I will see it then.

It is for a 2D showing. If it is really good, I might see it again in 3D.

I thought it was a good movie. Somehow I expected a bit more given all the good reviews and hype, but it was a good solid movie. There is not a scene after the credits, there are some ape noises.

Fox's critically acclaimed sequel Dawn of the Planet of the Apes roared its way to a stellar $73 million debut at the domestic box office, well ahead of the $54.8 million debut of Rise of the Planet of the Apes in August 2011 and furthering the studio's winning streak this summer.
Internationally, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opened to $31.1 million from its first 26 territories for a worldwide total of $104.1 million, including major markets South Korea and Australia, where it earned $11.4 million and $6.6 million, respectively. The movie is waiting to roll out in much of the world because of the bottleneck created by the World Cup. - See

hollywoodreporter.com

Reactions: TNGTony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)