Day 1

DISH Lover

Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Just had my brand new DISH Network installation done - everything is looking real good - can't wait to get soom screen time tonight!

3 televisions - 1 is HD with the HDDVR attached. woooooo.

I remember when in Dec. '05 I had my first HD connection completed, to a 40" Sony LCD TV. The tech tuned-in the "Demonstration" channel from 61.5 (the aquarium scenes) while the rest of the programming was being activated, and I almost cried it looked so damn good...!

Unfortunately not everything looks as good, at the same overall PQ. And "HD" is quite variable, in part due to the quality of the programming but mostly due to the BW allocations. If you have local OTA channels, by all means get them into your system as well. I still consider my local OTA PBS station as my TV HD benchmark. Nothing available over the DBS services at this time can equal that. Of course, HD DVD/BD can beat all b'cst/DBS quality! So keep expanding your horizons! You'll get "used" to HD (especially "HD lite") quickly so the >> wow! << factor doesn't last. But every time you tune between SD and HD, you'll be glad you made the upgrade, and will wonder why you waited so long...!

Enjoy !!

Welcome, BTW...!

You'll get "used" to HD (especially "HD lite") quickly so the >> wow! << factor doesn't last. But every time you tune between SD and HD, you'll be glad you made the upgrade, and will wonder why you waited so long...!

I dunno about that... I have 3 HDTV's all with some form of HD capacity (DISH, OTA, or HD DVD). I still get giddy when something that looks really good in HD comes on. I am "wowed" every time I see something like Planet Earth, the intro sequence to House, fly-bys or whatnot on CSI LV, or the occasional sporting event, even though I've been watching HD since I got my old plasma in Spring 2005.

You really want to crap your pants, pop in "Corpse Bride" on HD DVD. Even if you're not into it, I consider it one of my reference sources and worth a look! (I'm sure there are others, but I'm not on the buying binge I was until the format wars cool down a bit)

My early HD exposure was perhaps less glamorous. See... we bought a 27" LCD HD set when the bedroom TV crapped out. We didn't have HD satellite service. Our main TV in the living room was still the old 32" Mit CRT SD set. I got an antenna connected to the new LCD and went downstairs to find out what channel the hockey game was on. Lo and behold it was on a national network station. So I ran upstairs to turn on the LCD and see how it looked in HD.

TV comes on just as the players are sliding to a stop in front of the goalie. You know the stop. Snow spray. .... it SPARKLED! You could just about count every tiny piece of ice in that spray. I was awestruck. I think I left the TV in the living room on and just stayed up there and watched the LCD for the entire game.

:D

ahhhh... the good old days.... seems like just this past spring... oh wait! it WAS!

Bad remote

How to connect 722 to 2 HDTVs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts