Daylight Savings Time

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
The schedule seems top have adjusted but my SkyFi2 still displays the standard time (even after I use the menu to ask for DST). Any idea when they will update the receivers.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Still off today. No one seems to know when XM will fix the problem. I guess i will just live with an inaccurate clock till they do.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
More than likley it will change in 2 weeks when the time has changed in the past. My tivo's are still an hour behind because they moved up DST 3 weeks this year.

That just sounds odd/bad for TiVo seeing they are still in the set top business and ReplayTV isn't AND ReplayTV offered up a patch for all their set tops. It took less than 1 minute to perform and worked like a charm.

All my Sirius units changed correctly as well.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
That just sounds odd/bad for TiVo seeing they are still in the set top business and ReplayTV isn't AND ReplayTV offered up a patch for all their set tops. It took less than 1 minute to perform and worked like a charm.

All my Sirius units changed correctly as well.

Mine are not connected to a phone line. Like 3 years now.

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Forget Y2K! This is a major crisis......

Not.

However my SkyFi2 will keep songs in the buffer from 60-90 minutes ago....

dchay

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 2, 2006
Delphi says, "No Go"

I emailed Delphi support and here is there reply:
On 3/22/07, cetechsupport@delphi.com <cetechsupport@delphi.com> wrote:
Thank you for contacting delphi.com.

The device will continue to update on the old DST schedule. The SKYFi 2 receiver?s clock will update on April 2, 2007. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
delphi.com Customer Service
Sounds like we are stuck with this problem every year....

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Problem goes away in two weeks until the fall. I'm sure they didn't expect the feds to mess with Daylight savings time, so it isn't something that can be modified like the channel lineups....

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
You would think though that you could actually change the time on the clock----or modify how it handles DST (especially since the menus indicate that you can). But you actually cannot. Not much to except live with it---and it will go away for awhile now.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Hey Ger,

So what was it that Sirius was able to do to get it right that other could not do? Even my old ReplayTV got it right? I know ReplayTV made an announcement at least 2 weeks in advance about the new DST, I never heard Sirius, did they just install a patch at their end?

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I am nots ure what Sirius did. You would think that XM would tell us something.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I am not up to date on the subject because we do not observe DST here (and I really think DST is an absolute joke anyway), but is this new DST sched a permanent thing?

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
It is SUPPOSED to be permanent but there have been numerous complaints abnout it not resulting in the savings alleged. itake it that you are in arizona but are nota Navaho.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Yep, in the East Valley of PHX, but only a tiny % of Cherokee blood. My great (x3) grandmother on my mother's side was full-blooded Cherokee; but I am as white as they come. LOL. Not sure what the Native American slang is for that.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Well as Will Rogers said you have just enough white blood in you to make your honesty questionable.

BTW don't take taht too seriously you are a big help around here.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
FWIW the problem went away sometime this past weekend. it now displays the correct time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)