Daystar and Dish (The Saga Continues)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Yesterday I received an interesting e-mail telling me that many mirrors of Daytar has popped up on transponder 15 at 110°. These mirrors are not in the main EPG system right now. There is a possibility that Dish will not implement this.

However, I have received info from another anonymous source that Dish was planning to remove the national Daystar service as soon as they could get all the "must carry" Daystar locals up in their respective markets.

Take both chunks of information and put them together, it looks like Dish may be trying to mirror the national Daystar channel to all the local markets that have a Daystar station. In a couple of these a Daystar station is already available and Dish's "new" Daystar mirror are on the same channel number.

BTW in all the cities affected, this appears to fit with the new legislation requiring one DISH (not satellite location) to receive all the locals from any one market.

From www.dishchannelchart.com here are the "new" Daystar mirrors at 110° tp 15:

Channel - City
7327 Charleston/Huntington, WV
8207 Denver, CO
8333 Phoenix
8383 Houston
8415 Dallas - KDTN is now on 8415 but at 148°
8460 Indianapolis - WDTI is now on 8460 but at 61.5°
8600 St. Louis - The local Pax station was originally listed here years ago but never uplinked
8622 Seattle
8783 Boston
8899 Oklahoma City
8909 Honolulu
9359 Little Rock

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)