Daystar moved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Daystar channel transponder change was pushed during a channel list update last month. Your receiver should have been updated if the automatic update feature is turned on.

If you have disabled the automatic update feature, perform a manual OTA-SSU update to provide your receiver with the latest channel list.

The Daystar channel transponder change was pushed during a channel list update last month. Your receiver should have been updated if the automatic update feature is turned on.

If you have disabled the automatic update feature, perform a manual OTA-SSU update to provide your receiver with the latest channel list.

Please remember that many of us do not have receivers that automatically update (mercury fortes star, etc.)

My bad. I had never manually entered a channel before and had only used TP scan, so I never noticed the PID values are right in the Glorystar channels list. Doh! In the FortecStar Mercury II a channel can be manually added by pressing Menu/Utility/Add Channel. I wanted to know what a PID is and found an entry in Wikipedia, and it appears a PID is a "packet identifier". If anyone needs to correct me, I welcome that. It's good to understand what's happening under the hood. Great forum. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)