Daystar moved

The Daystar channel transponder change was pushed during a channel list update last month. Your receiver should have been updated if the automatic update feature is turned on.

If you have disabled the automatic update feature, perform a manual OTA-SSU update to provide your receiver with the latest channel list.

The Daystar channel transponder change was pushed during a channel list update last month. Your receiver should have been updated if the automatic update feature is turned on.

If you have disabled the automatic update feature, perform a manual OTA-SSU update to provide your receiver with the latest channel list.

Please remember that many of us do not have receivers that automatically update (mercury fortes star, etc.)

My bad. I had never manually entered a channel before and had only used TP scan, so I never noticed the PID values are right in the Glorystar channels list. Doh! In the FortecStar Mercury II a channel can be manually added by pressing Menu/Utility/Add Channel. I wanted to know what a PID is and found an entry in Wikipedia, and it appears a PID is a "packet identifier". If anyone needs to correct me, I welcome that. It's good to understand what's happening under the hood. Great forum. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)