Dayton Hamvention

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
Hi Guys,
I know it is a little early to be mentioning Dayton but Mid-May sort of creeps up on ya. And it is never too early to plan.

So who is making plans to go, I met two Hams that were active on this fourm last year.

mikelib

Not I too long of a drive from NH. Maybe someday. :(

Hi Guys,
I know it is a little early to be mentioning Dayton but Mid-May sort of creeps up on ya. And it is never too early to plan.

So who is making plans to go, I met two Hams that were active on this fourm last year.

mikelib

I used to go every year for about 10 years, then i had knee troubles and surgery right about hamfest time. missed one year and none of my friends wanted to go anymore:(

I may try to go myself this year....

I sold stuff one year at he flea market..$$$$ met a hubble controller dan, sold him a lathe, and talked to him later on phone he was in hubble control room. should of followed up on his invite to goddard, and visit control room. my bad

one year we got flooded out, i sat under a table in a storm, with a foot of water running under the table..... rainout was common at dayton

one year our hotel bill ended up as free. holiday inn had no air conditiong, claiming their energy management system wouldnt allow it. i nearly slept in my car it was 90 degrees in the room, and 95 or so outside during the day.

when i got home i wrote holiday inn asking if this energy management system was standard at all the chains hotels..... they sent me a full refund:)

some friends bought loads of good equiptement at flea market spending 3 grand, none of which worked. oh well they were warned...

Last edited:
I used to go every year for about 10 years, then i had knee troubles and surgery right about hamfest time. missed one year and none of my friends wanted to go anymore:(

I may try to go myself this year....

I sold stuff one year at he flea market..$$$$ met a hubble controller dan, sold him a lathe, and talked to him later on phone he was in hubble control room. should of followed up on his invite to goddard, and visit control room. my bad

one year we got flooded out, i sat under a table in a storm, with a foot of water running under the table..... rainout was common at dayton

one year our hotel bill ended up as free. holiday inn had no air conditiong, claiming their energy management system wouldnt allow it. i nearly slept in my car it was 90 degrees in the room, and 95 or so outside during the day.

when i got home i wrote holiday inn asking if this energy management system was standard at all the chains hotels..... they sent me a full refund:)

some friends bought loads of good equiptement at flea market spending 3 grand, none of which worked. oh well they were warned...

If we can get a few satguys to go we should meet up.

We always know when it's "ham weekend" !! See all the vehicles with multiple, gigantic antennas !!

Perhaps like this.

Grabbed photos off Google images i like the inside pic myself LOL.

Attachments

• truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 134
  • pork3.jpg
    pork3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 125
yeah hara arena.

theres so little parking for the hamfest. I got myself a scam:)

There is / was? a dodge dealer across the street. So I would take my van there and have them do some routine service, oil lube stuff like that....

FREE PARKING:) and convenient if i bought anything i would just walk across the street and put it in vehicle:)

they were pretty good. I once had a wierd stalling problem and they caught a damaged wire left over from some engine work I had done earlier..

is that dealer still there?

yeah hara arena.

theres so little parking for the hamfest. I got myself a scam:)

There is / was? a dodge dealer across the street. So I would take my van there and have them do some routine service, oil lube stuff like that....

FREE PARKING:) and convenient if i bought anything i would just walk across the street and put it in vehicle:)

they were pretty good. I once had a wierd stalling problem and they caught a damaged wire left over from some engine work I had done earlier..

is that dealer still there?

LOL Great idea!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)