Mankato, MN
Here is a weird one.

Current setup-
Pansat 1500-A
30" dish aimed at G10
30" motorized
Dish aimed at 119
ExpressVu 91 dish

All 4 of these go into a 4X1 DiSEqC switch (motorized on 1, EVu on 2, Dish 119 on 3, G10 on 4)

I want to strap a DBS LNBF to my motorized dish so I can get the audio on 82 and GolTv on 110, without adding another port on my DiSEqC switch (I'll probably replace the Dish 119 with the one strapped to the motorized.) Here is the problem.
How do I get the motor to move when I want to go to a DBS spot? If I set it to "port 1" in the menu, the dish will move but no signal. If I set it to "port 2", I would get signal (maybe) but it wont move.

How do I pull this off or am I SOL and have to expand my DiSEqC to 6 ports (movable, 82, 91, 110, 119, 123)??

I think I have an idea of what you are trying to do. You could use one of our second lnbf adaptors, they may not be easy to hook up, and a second switch like a 0 / 12 volt switch. You can gang switches. Take a look at my web site for equipment.

I did place the switch between the motor and the LNBF and it did work. The only problem is my spacing is around 5.X degrees off. The KU LNBF is too large so I can't get a real good signal for the DBS. Decided to keep everything as is.

When I installed my dbs LNB to the side of my ku LNB I didnt even try to get it too close, just line it up as close as you can to the same level and focal position as close as you can then motor left and right and you will hit the dbs satellites, they are very strong and they just bounce right into the DBS LNB, not very scientific but it will work, the problem is getting the dish/motor to remember the position, but I use two receivers and just motor round until you hit the dbs satellite/freq. I want!

PSB said:
When I installed my dbs LNB to the side of my ku LNB I didnt even try to get it too close, just line it up as close as you can to the same level and focal position as close as you can then motor left and right and you will hit the dbs satellites, they are very strong and they just bounce right into the DBS LNB, not very scientific but it will work, the problem is getting the dish/motor to remember the position, but I use two receivers and just motor round until you hit the dbs satellite/freq. I want!

Pete
The only ones I was interested in were 82 & 110
82 had some audio channels, but that was it
110 had GolTv and a couple of barker channels (love the "You have a Dish500"...almost as good as "You need a second dish to view this channel") :)

But in the end it was too much of a pain in the butt to deal with. I guess when your receiver has USALS setting, you get spoiled :):D

PSB said:

That's exactly what I did, I get 100% on almost every TP.

IMG_4049.JPG

"Very" neat work! I like the dual cable idea.
I am working on a "double dish" and you would not need to use the above method any more, you motor to say 101w and you will be able to see DirecTV 101 and AMC4 at the same time (you use a Diseqc switch to choose), no more having to take the off set into account, Its still in the design process right now, but Iceberg has seen it.

I forget where i got those sweet twin cables from ;)
The bracket is a bodge but it's solid and works for now.
Double dish? hmm, I was toying with the idea of mounting a single LNB 18" on my motor underneath my 30" but decided the extra weight hanging off the SG2100 wasn't worth it.
The 2 LNBs are 7degrees apart, once I had them programmed into the SG2100s memory it worked flawlessly.

I guess mounting one LNB on top of the other wouldn't hurt either, it'd still have the same focal length as where it is now and with the higher powered birds shouldn't be a problem.

Its the same idea and may just work with a very small DBS reflector and a Ku band dish with the support arms to support the extra weight, it would save a lot of messing about for the beginner, I am amazed its not been done commercially yet! I tried it and it worked great, I will post a picture when I get it finished.

Cascade said:
That's exactly what I did, I get 100% on almost every TP.

IMG_4049.JPG

I am very much in need of a mount / bracket to hold a LNB , maybe like one or the other of the ones in your picture ( can not tell for sure ) .

Can you tell me where I might find brackets , mounts ?

The used dish 90 cm came w/o a bracket / mount . The " arm " is rectangular and fits a DTV lnb perfictly , but I want to mount a linear LNB .

Also , the receiver I want to use it with seems to only have a place in the setup menu for a single LOF ( standard LNB ? ) . Are " standard " LNB's avalable ( I have a universal ) , or is that a thing of the past ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Attachments

• dual_linear_lnbs.jpg
    dual_linear_lnbs.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 267
Cascade
I assume the right LNB is a DIsh one, but how did you get it to hold?

I moved my 30" dish that I was using for G10 over to Nimiq1 for my ExpressVu setup, and I gutted the top part of the LNB case for the Dish LNB, but it was too small to hold right in the clamp....

I ended up wrapping duct tape around it for now...how did you get it to hold?

My dish came with a spare LNB holder which was slightly too narrow for the throat of the LNB so I took some plastic out of the spacer ring and used a rubber foot off an Xbox to pad it (You can see it over the top of the LNB throat, the black strippy thing) and it's solid.
Any strip of rubber will do the job, I just had a few lying around from people who had trashed their Xboxes by trying to mod them.

I'd go take another pic but it's pouring down here and it looks like we may get some Charley.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)