DBS LNBF on BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CWMorrow

Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Central Arkansas
I bought a BUD feedhorn with DBS LNBF mounted on the scalar ring. Any advice on using it with my Dishnetwork receiver would be appreciated. Does the dish need to move between 110 and 119, or can the LNBF see both from a BUD pointing between them?
Thanks,
Wayne

CWMorrow said:
I bought a BUD feedhorn with DBS LNBF mounted on the scalar ring. Any advice on using it with my Dishnetwork receiver would be appreciated. Does the dish need to move between 110 and 119, or can the LNBF see both from a BUD pointing between them?
Thanks,
Wayne

CW,

No the larger the Dish the tighter its focus so you will NOT be able to receive two DBS slots without moving the Dish.

You would be much better off with the smaller DBS style dish.

John

2 BUDs with DBS LNBs would do this nicely :)

You need an LNB for each location though, and since it sounds like you can't do this the way you'd do it with a little dish, you'll need another dish. Might as well, dual BUDs would never have rain fade (as suggested) :D

The dummy in me would paint the dish matte grey, paint a dish logo on it, and fabricate a giant DP Plus LNB. Damn thing would hurt the signal though, well.. maybe not since it's offset :)

Erm, by fabricate I mean for looks :) A silly looking Dish 3,000! :D

CWMorrow said:
Does the dish need to move between 110 and 119, or can the LNBF see both from a BUD pointing between them?
Thanks,
Wayne

Yes the dish will have to move 10 deg. to toggle between the 110 and 119 satellite!

So you would be best setting up the receiver as "Dish 300" (Then remember to run a check switch)

It's on the 7' Sami. I could stick another on the Perfect 10, but I don't want my Wife moving away from a feed to watch Animal Planet. :)

What kind of switches would I need with two BUDs? How do I find the sats, find one West of 119 and move the dish East while the Dishnetwork receiver is in install mode showing signal strength?

Thanks,
Wayne

OK they are 9 deg. apart ;)

I would use the signal meter on the Dish receiver to peak the signal, it will tell you what satellite you are actually on!

Check this link for a few wiring diagrams..........

http://dmsiusa.com/faq.htm

I have no luck moving the dish past 110 and 119 with the install screen up on the DN receiver. No indication of any signal strength. Suggestions, anyone?

Point the Big dish to 115 deg then hold the DBS LNB to each side of the C-Band LNBF, watch the signal meter for the sweet spot!

Thats what you are trying to find, move it about until you see signal, the LNBF should be roughly the same height as the C-Band LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts