DBSTalk Presents the First In-Home Review of the 921!

markdl

Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I have just put online my in-home review of the Dish Network DVR-921 receiver. You can read the review here: http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Also, today DBSTalk opens the Official Dish Network DVR-921 Support Forum. I have been working very closely with Dish Network behind the scenes for the last 2 weeks putting this in place. The DBSTalk 921 support forum will be the place that the Dish Network 921 team reads and occasionally responds to posts made by the internet community. On a daily, or near daily basis.

I have no doubt that Dish Network employees will also check here for reports.

Rad asked Dish to offer a direct line of comminication to the Dish 921 engineers - here it is. When the 921s are released, your BEST way to communicate directly with the people who need to know is through the DBSTalk forum. Don't call the CSRs - they won't know anything about the 921 for weeks.

This post is not meant to take anything away from Scott. He's doing a fabulous job here. This post is meant for all of you that will be getting the 921 before anyone else.

Looks like the last part of the support infrastructure is in place (the retailer chat and the DBStalk support board)

and that the code to update the 921 from Beta code is up on the SATs.

I would say all they need to do now is have a "all hands" meeting with the CSRs and they should be ready to go. I bet they meet at the end of the day one of these days soon when call volumne is lower.

Bug or no bug. Its ready.

Now, do they actualy have more than 200 to ship?

My guy at Vssll also informed me that he will be getting it on Monday. He also said that he will have 24 extra 921 not accounted for.

I wanted to let you guys know that I've added more review information for the 921, and answered a number of questions that I've gotton this week that needed testing.

The direct link to the new page of review is here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=175995&postcount=8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)