"De-authorizing" Dishanywhere Devices

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
I'm having a strange problem with dishanywhere that (so far anyway) I haven't found a way out of..... I have both a phone and a tablet that I can't seem to get rid of. They both show up in the "authorized devices" window and when I connect with either of them, I end up with a 2nd occurrence of that particular device. So I have either the same phone twice, or the same tablet twice. And I can't seem to get rid of them.

Is there really no way to get rid of devices short of waiting 30 days (or however many might be left) if "de-authorize" doesn't work from the device?

I'm having a strange problem with dishanywhere that (so far anyway) I haven't found a way out of..... I have both a phone and a tablet that I can't seem to get rid of. They both show up in the "authorized devices" window and when I connect with either of them, I end up with a 2nd occurrence of that particular device. So I have either the same phone twice, or the same tablet twice. And I can't seem to get rid of them.

Is there really no way to get rid of devices short of waiting 30 days (or however many might be left) if "de-authorize" doesn't work from the device?
Just deleted the wife's with no issue. I do remember in my rooting days changing roms would leave me with a device I could not Deauthorize so i'd have to Deauthorize before flashing a new rom.

Just deleted the wife's with no issue. I do remember in my rooting days changing roms would leave me with a device I could not Deauthorize so i'd have to Deauthorize before flashing a new rom.
I have changed ROMS a few times - come to think of it.... I can't remember where my dish.app fit into the time frame tho. But I've never done anything with the tablet - I've only had it about a week and a half. Strange..[/QUOTE]

I have changed ROMS a few times - come to think of it.... I can't remember where my dish.app fit into the time frame tho. But I've never done anything with the tablet - I've only had it about a week and a half. Strange..
If you are not using .24, you may want to roll back as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: xfoneguy
also, I just discovered that DA doesn't work on my PC after downloading a new "slingplayer" - I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE 11. It hangs at "initializing".

this is weird - i swear it's never been there before but today I had/have a "deauthorize device" selection in my PC DA next to each listed phone or tablet, under "Accounts and Devices" ... and it even works!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts