De La Hoya vs Mayweather

Just sharing an interesting story. Some people would go to almost any lengths to watch that fight. I don't get it, but apparently that's just me.

Carry on, didn't mean to spoil the party.

Floyd, Oscar talking rematch!

"Floyd retires (for now), Oscar going back to drawing board, both hinting at rematch

By Victor Perea

"I beat the best at 135lbs, I beat the best at 140lbs, I beat the best at 147, and now I beat the best at 154lbs," said Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the post fight press conference after winning a split decision over Oscar De La Hoya. "I've done everything I can with this sport. I came out on top and I left on top. He's a great champ and I'm a great champ and we gave a hell of a fight."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't feel like a loser," stated the Golden Boy. "I felt like I did what I needed to do. I respect the judges decision they are professionals and I respect that....I came out to fight and put pressure. If I didn't put on the pressure there would have been no fight. I had to take the risk and push forward or there would be no fighting," added the former six-division champion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the future, the 30-year-old Mayweather wavered on his retirement plans. "If the fans demand a rematch, what can I say?" stated Mayweather. "I don't know what the future holds for Floyd Mayweather. As of now I'm retired, but I have to talk it over with my team and see what they say." Oscar says he's open to a second fight. "Would I fight him again? Sure," said De La Hoya. "But we would have to sit down and figure that out. Once I go back and sit down and think about it I will know."

Sunday, May 6 2007"

--
The entire article is here: http://www.fightnews.com/boxing/bc/perea100.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)