Deactivate dish network receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

c_frank2

Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Florida
Hi everyone it is my first post on this site, I found a few dish receivers in a house that i just bought. I guess the owners just left them behind, I think that they still have the access cards with them. They are DP311 receivers. When i sign up with dish i will probably go with a dvr receiver so i have no use for the dp311's. Could they be sold on ebay? If that could be done how could i make sure that i am selling a clean receiver that is owned and without an outstanding bill?

Thanks for any help with this

Last edited:
When you sign up give the CSR the Roo # off the back of the receivers. If they are not leased receivers that have a balance owed on them then you could certainly sell them on e-bay. If they are (and more than likely are) leased then you can either toss them, or see if your tech wants to bother with returning them.

They can be sold if there are not leased units owned by Dish. Call Dish and they will look up the ROO number and tell you if they are clear.

I called dish today and found out that all three receivers were purchased and are clear to sell. Any idea what they are worth?

the 3 311's are worth anywhere from 5 bucks to $40 a piece depending on how bad someone needs one, Ive gotten recivers for 1 dollar at a garage sale and seen them sell at garage sales for over 40 dollars!!!

If someone wants to add a receiver with a expired or imbeded card thats obsolete E will send a new card for free:)

This happened to me.... E was very nice then tried billing me for the old card, in my case it was imbeded so there was nothing to return. as I told the CSR, she said she waived the fee......

These have the purple smart cards in them now, but the dish rep told me that if the receivers were activated that they would send out new access cards for no charge.

The purple cards are the current Ng3 cards. You are good to go and can sell away. I usually ask $50 for a SD solo receiver, but I will also install it into an existing system for that price too. If a customer wants the receiver for their camper, and there is nothing there I charge $100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts