Deactivation Question..

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
OK, I've had my 622 for almost a week now and have it set up to send TV1 to my HDTV and TV2 to the other three sets in the house. I also have a 522 setup to go to the other three sets as well.

Well, given that I can view the 622's TV2 from every set in the house, that my kids are 18months and another on the way, and that we rarely have guests, I'm questioning the value of keeping the 522 at the cost of $10 a month ($5 DVR, $5 second receiver, or so) and think I'm just going to buy an extra UHF remote for the two extra rooms and go with one box.

What do ya'll think?

Oh, and now to the actual question... Before I sit on hold with Dish for 20 minutes, do I need the receiver/smartcard numbers to call-in a deactivation, or do I just tell them to "deactivate my 522 and ship me a return box?"

Oh, and I suppose I can just buy 522 and/or 921/811 UHF pro remotes, or do I need the 622-specifc remote (I'm using mine on channel B3, do the 522 and 921/811 remote have the A/B switch on them too? (I guess I can check my 522 remote)

jrfuda said:
OK, I've had my 622 for almost a week now and have it set up to send TV1 to my HDTV and TV2 to the other three sets in the house. I also have a 522 setup to go to the other three sets as well.

Well, given that I can view the 622's TV2 from every set in the house, that my kids are 18months and another on the way, and that we rarely have guests, I'm questioning the value of keeping the 522 at the cost of $10 a month ($5 DVR, $5 second receiver, or so) and think I'm just going to buy an extra UHF remote for the two extra rooms and go with one box.

What do ya'll think?

Oh, and now to the actual question... Before I sit on hold with Dish for 20 minutes, do I need the receiver/smartcard numbers to call-in a deactivation, or do I just tell them to "deactivate my 522 and ship me a return box?"

Fuda,

That is entirely up to you, but yes you will be required to give Dish the Receiver ID #. If you plan on selling the 522 (As long as you own the 522) then be sure to mention to the CSR you would like to release that receiver for sale.

John

JohnL, I just deactivated an 811 on my account, and I did not have to give them the reciever ID#. I just said that I wanted to deactivate the 811 on my account, she said okay, one second, and deactivated it.

Thanks John. It's ot mine to sell, so I'd have to send it in. Thanks for the info. Now I will not be sitting on the phone for 20 minutes wasteing my time. I'll scribble down the ID # when I get home tonight and call in the morning.

unless you have more than one of the same reciever (301, 522, etc) you don't need to give them the R#.

If all you have is a 622 and a 522, just call Dish and tell them you want to remove the 522 from your account. Make sure they "release" it from your account so if you sell it, the new buyer can activate it easily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts