Dead 622 replaced with 722, no local ota guide info???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
I've read through most of the posts on this subject but still am not 100% sure, I will no longer get any ota local guide info??? EVER???

George

I've read through most of the posts on this subject but still am not 100% sure, I will no longer get any ota local guide info??? EVER???

George
Of course you will, as long as you subscribe to locals. Where are you getting this idea?

It was the same with the 622, without local channel subscription there is no guide for OTA. If your 622 was giving them to you without the local package then your 622 was not working correctly. If you just activated the 722, you may have to wait up to 24 hours before the guide info starts appearing.

Of course you will, as long as you subscribe to locals. Where are you getting this idea?

I do subscribe to locals and it has been since last Thursday. No guide data for ota locals still. Checked switch, rebooted... nothing. All the guy did was take out the 622 and replace it with 722.

George

I got this idea from reading this forum, someone was saying the 722 (the latest versions anyways) had some physical difference between it and the 622's that prevented it from having guide data in some way. I thought this related to my situation.

Have Dish send another authorization hit.

I have the same problem with my 222 receiver. I do have the Dish locals. All It says for the locals is Digital service. They sent me a new 222 thinking that would solve the problem, but it has not. My receiver has had several hits, but no luck. Another problem I have is that my locals also are not down mapping. I have been talking back and forth with the ceo@echostar.com email. After about two months they have finally said they are going to have someone from engineering take a look at this problem to solve it. If they do fix it I will let everyone know. I know this is a problem with quite a few receivers out there. Having the receiver get another authorization hit does not do it in a lot of cases.

It was the same with the 622, without local channel subscription there is no guide for OTA. If your 622 was giving them to you without the local package then your 622 was not working correctly. If you just activated the 722, you may have to wait up to 24 hours before the guide info starts appearing.

IF you run the checkswitch you get your guide updated right away.

Well, did do a check switch that did force a guide download but still only showing 'digital service' where guide info used to be.

George

Also, deleted the ota channels and rescanned for them, rechecked switch, new guide info downloaded, but still no ota channel info.

George

What city are you in and do you get your locals from DISH? IF so then you should get your ota locals with guide information as well. Call the tech department at DISH and ask them to walk you through the process to get you ota locals to show guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)