Dead 811

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
Last night when I turned my 811 on (via remote) it immediately went to the interactive channel 100. When I pressed the "view Tv" button to exit, it went to the last OTA channel that was viewed but none of Sat. functions on the remote worked. Even after making sure that Sat. mode was enabled on the remote by pressing the Sat. button, nothing worked. No guide, no menu, couldn't change channels, no info., no nothin'.....
I went to do a reset on the receiver and noticed that none of the lights on the receiver were on even though I was still viewing the OTA channel. After pressing and holding the Power button on the rec'vr for 10 - 15 seconds I released it and the OTA channel that was being viewed disappeared and I assumed the 811 was being rebooted.
After 5 to 10 minutes of waiting it was still not going thru the acquire signal routine, at which point I tried to do another reset by pressing and holding the power button but to no avail. I then unplugged the rec'vr and checked the power source but that was fine. I left it un-plugged for 5 minutes and then tried to power it up but again, nothing.
I then called Dish and got it RA'd.
This morning I noticed Scott G's post (Updated L2.81 Release Notes and future fix notes) regarding a bug during power up but think my 811 really bit the dust.
Anyone else with similar problems?

I had a similar even happen not too long after I got mine...sounded very similar to yours. I unplugged and let it set, then plugged back in and got nothing. I then went on to do some other things, was going to call Dish later that day when I had more time, but out of nowhere, it just came on by itself like 10-15 minutes later and has worked ever since.

Delayed power on is a fix listed in the P283 release notes. This release is due out in January.

Another issue I have seen myself is, that every now and then the remote address resets back to 1. I use a different remote addy since my neighbor and I used to dual with UHF remotes...:D

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)