Dead Dish 941

rustolemite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Pineville, LA
I have a Dish 941 that I got off ebay thats never been used and have had it for a few months and just now trying to use it but when I plug it in all I hear is the drive turning but nothing else happens ... Dish is not going to do anything with it since I haven't gotten service yet so I need to know if anybody know of some place I can ship this to for repairs ? nobody here locally can work on it... in Louisiana

thanks

Rustolemite

rustolemite said:
I have a Dish 941 that I got off ebay thats never been used and have had it for a few months and just now trying to use it but when I plug it in all I hear is the drive turning but nothing else happens ... Dish is not going to do anything with it since I haven't gotten service yet so I need to know if anybody know of some place I can ship this to for repairs ? nobody here locally can work on it... in Louisiana

thanks

Rustolemite

Well, you don't have a 941 since no such receiver exists. You either have a 921 or a 942.

dishrich said:
Add it on to your account & add on DHPP, wait 30 days, then E* will take care of it. (assuming it has not been tampered with...)
But it should still be under Dish warranty for one year once its activated as long as its never been first activated over a year and nobody has played with it. The Dish 1 year Warranty starts when its activated the first time.

thiggin2 said:
But it should still be under Dish warranty for one year once its activated as long as its never been first activated over a year and nobody has played with it. The Dish 1 year Warranty starts when its activated the first time.

Duh, you're right - missed the part about it being new.
If I was him though & considering it's DOA, I'd make SURE that E* agree's that it IS new, wait a month, THEN file a claim.

hey thanks for the responses fromt those that helped and yeah i just noticed that I labeled it wrong not a 941 but a 921 so thanks to the guy who went to the trouble of posting just so he could be a "dick" and tell me I was wrong while at the same time giving me no help whatsoever.

thanks

Yep, Call up Dish and get the DHPP - Digital Home Protection plan. It covers all Dish branded equipment for repair and replacement. Since you have a 921 or a 942 Dish will ship you a replacement receiver. Most techs won't carry a spare in house as they are so few and far between. It'll cost $5.99/month and $29 for a tech to troubleshoot your system.. but after it's all said and done... cancell it. Don't get suckered into paying that $5.99 every month.

rustolemite...... I would say your the dick, he was only helping you out. I would think you would have better luck talking to E* if you knew what the heck you had.

once again another repsonse with no helpfull information...and no his post was not worded in a helpfull or nice way as far as I can tell .. pretty much like yours

hey thanks for the responses fromt those that helped and yeah i just noticed that I labeled it wrong not a 941 but a 921 so thanks to the guy who went to the trouble of posting just so he could be a "dick" and tell me I was wrong while at the same time giving me no help whatsoever

once again another repsonse with no helpfull information...and no his post was not worded in a helpfull or nice way as far as I can tell .. pretty much like yours

Wow I don't think I've even seen such hostility towards other members regarding a harmless topic. I think chaddux was just making sure that you didn't buy some knockoff box off of ebay. Granted your original post had a typo, but i'm sure there are counterfeiters out there trying to sell E* receivers that don't exist.

I certainly didn't think chaddux was being a "dick" in any way when I read his comment. More then likely it was a clarification for other members who read your post and to help better troubleshoot your problem. You should be thanking him, not degrading him.

Paul

Dish should exchange the unit for you if defective. Need to talk to hd tech and review all your problems. Don't talk to a regular rep, make sure it's hd tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts