Dead hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When it drops does it drop back to the recording channel? (So if you were watching something recorded on channel 105 and the recorded drops you to live, it also drops you to channel 105 too)
With me, if watching cbs show, it drops to the live cbs. likewise for other dvr shows.

I just chatted with Dish for an hour. They are aware of the problem. They are also sending a tech out tomorrow, which I doubt will be of any use, except to switch out the hopper, which means losing my recordings. I'm transferring as much as I can now to the external.

I just chatted with Dish for an hour. They are aware of the problem. They are also sending a tech out tomorrow, which I doubt will be of any use, except to switch out the hopper, which means losing my recordings. I'm transferring as much as I can now to the external.

I wouldn't bother trying to transfer all my shows and settings to a new H3 only to have it do the same thing.

Hopefully they get it straightened out before tonight's recordings. When it drops out it's breaking recordings and making multiple segments per show.

I wouldn't bother trying to transfer all my shows and settings to a new H3 only to have it do the same thing.

Hopefully they get it straightened out before tonight's recordings. When it drops out it's breaking recordings and making multiple segments per show.
So what you really mean is don't swap H3's, not that he shouldn't protect his recording by transfering to EHD?

When it drops does it drop back to the recording channel? (So if you were watching something recorded on channel 105 and the recorded drops you to live, it also drops you to channel 105 too)
Scott
The last time it dropped out on me it return me to the last channel that I was recorded, channel 367. The recording ended about 30 minutes prior. This was about 0830 PDT.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Have that on my HwS S529. It's also happening at starting up. The only way to get a picture is to RBR, sometimes change channel or choose from the DVR section.

Same thing is happening to my Hopper 3. Goes black. Switching channels gets it to come back. One time it didn't come back and I had to do a restart.
Chad

Same thing is happening to my Hopper 3. Goes black. Switching channels gets it to come back. One time it didn't come back and I had to do a restart.
Chad
mine just that what you said it went to black and i restarted it and i am watching tv right now. guys where is the latest software release i would be somewhat happy when we get it 5 of my apps are gone as of this morning i wish someone from dish would tell us what is going on.

This started early this morning. I have a Hopper 3. While watching TV, either live or a recorded show, after a few minutes, the screen goes black. Changing channels brings the screen back. Obviously, I tried rebooting and unplugging it several times, to no avail. The software is 309, so, nothing new there. I need help ASAP!

I called Dish and they said that it was a know issue and that they were looking into it. The guy told me that I was the 12th call today with this issue. If you are having the same problem then call Dish and let them know.

Just wait till you record something, the show will record in 1 minute segments. So a 30 minute show will so up on your DVR as 30 different recordings. How fun. Sure hope this gets fixed tonight.

Reactions: JSheridan
I could understand this issue better if it happened right after a scheduled software update, but this is obviously not the case. Is it possible that DISH has pushed an update that wouldn't be known.?

Tonight, watching a recorded show I had this interruption at about 8:50PM EDT... the channel up/down resolved the issue. When I later watched a show which was recording at that time (Survivor), the recording of that show was also interrupted resulting in a two part recording of the show. So it looks like a whole system issue within the H3 or source.

I called Dish and they said that it was a know issue and that they were looking into it. The guy told me that I was the 12th call today with this issue. If you are having the same problem then call Dish and let them know.

Just wait till you record something, the show will record in 1 minute segments. So a 30 minute show will so up on your DVR as 30 different recordings. How fun. Sure hope this gets fixed tonight.

Wtf! My ptat recordings are gonna be f'ed.

Mine seems to be working now. Screen hasn't went black in awhile and the shows that are currently recording seem to be a single recording and not a bunch of 1 minute recordings like my shows from an hour ago.

This started early this morning. I have a Hopper 3. While watching TV, either live or a recorded show, after a few minutes, the screen goes black. Changing channels brings the screen back. Obviously, I tried rebooting and unplugging it several times, to no avail. The software is 309, so, nothing new there. I need help ASAP!
Me too, noticed it this afternoon, it has been good since 9pm EST though.

I was originally tuned to 205, watched a show recorded on 105 and it dropped out to 105 (none of the Joey's were on 105 ether.) That happened once, and I also had the black screen twice yesterday, once while another show was recording. The channel up channel down fixed the screen and the recording resumed with a break (18 minutes then 43 minutes).

BTW, the Joeys went black for a few seconds, then came back by themselves. The Hopper needed a channel change to come back.