Dead Like Me on HDNet

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
Been recording it recently, Dish Net. It now appears to be gone except for a repeat on Sunday. Found no mention of it on HDNet's web site. The Dead Like Me web site says it is on the Science Fiction channel. Never found it there. Anyone have any idea if and when it will be back?

Dead Like Me movie greenlit!
Date : April 18, 2007 Posted By : [FONT=arial, verdana]Clint Morris[/FONT]

This is bound to please, well, not only fans of the TV show but anyone whose dead sceptical anytime rumours pop up suggesting a feature film of a cult TV series is in the works (because such rumours are usually piss and wind).
“Dead Like Me”, the popular TV series starring Mandy Patinkin and Ellen Muth, is returning in the film of a film – albeit a film that’ll only be available in DVD Stores.
MGM tells us that Stephen Herek (“The Mighty Ducks”) has been roped into directing the new DTV “Dead Like Me” film. At this stage, there’s no word on who’ll be starring in the film – but hopefully they’ll stick with the original gang.
The series told of a Georgia (Muth) a young woman that is regrettably killed by a toilet seat and forced to work as a grim reaper.

Source: Moviehole.net

Dead Like Me movie greenlit!
Date : April 18, 2007 Posted By : [FONT=arial, verdana]Clint Morris[/FONT]

This is bound to please, well, not only fans of the TV show but anyone whose dead sceptical anytime rumours pop up suggesting a feature film of a cult TV series is in the works (because such rumours are usually piss and wind).
“Dead Like Me”, the popular TV series starring Mandy Patinkin and Ellen Muth, is returning in the film of a film – albeit a film that’ll only be available in DVD Stores.
MGM tells us that Stephen Herek (“The Mighty Ducks”) has been roped into directing the new DTV “Dead Like Me” film. At this stage, there’s no word on who’ll be starring in the film – but hopefully they’ll stick with the original gang.
The series told of a Georgia (Muth) a young woman that is regrettably killed by a toilet seat and forced to work as a grim reaper.

Source: Moviehole.net

There is now an entry for this in IMDB. Dead Like Me (2008) (V)

It says the movie is in post-production. The cast list also says that they didn't get Mandy Patinkin to reprise his role, but the rest of the cast is there. It looks like a potential shark jumper based on the plot summary posted:

IMDB plot summary said:
After the departure of Rube Sofer, a new head reaper named Cameron Kane takes over. He's a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead. Chaos ensues and brings out the worst in Daisy and Mason who begin drinking anew. George and Reggie re-connect for the first time when George reaps a new friend of Reggie's.

I saw the pilot yesterday on HDNet, but I don't see any other upcoming episodes. No great loss for me as I bought the DVDs of both seasons when they were on sale for $18/ea last fall.

Why would they make a movie out of a show hardly anyone ever saw?

Once again I am proud to ally myself with that merry band of people referred to as "nobodies"

I do not care for the reruns, but I look forward to the movie.

See ya
Tony

Why would they make a movie out of a show hardly anyone ever saw?

Yeah? You can say the same for Firefly. and the Serenity movie that came out!

This series was GREAT, and should have run a couple more years. Showtime killed it, because they though their new series would be better.

They weren't!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)