Dead phone line Connection on 622

Trek2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
My phone connection just went dead on my 622. Has anyone else had this problem? The HDMI went out on this receiver about two months ago. I have had problems HDMI connection on other receivers but this is the first time I have ever had a problem with the phone line connection.

Do you have L614 or L615? Here was my problem. I noticed when I got L615 on the 622 that was connected to the phone line I lost caller id on the remote 622 that still has L614. Did the DishComm test in the menu on both receivers and and the remote receiver kept saying "Homeplug Device" and no dial tone. They made a change in the menu with L615. They changed "Add" to "Scan". I did a hard boot on both receivers and got the dial tone back on the remote receiver and did the "Scan" on the other one and it found a link. So, I would just do a hard reboot and see if that fixes it.

Do you have L614 or L615? Here was my problem. I noticed when I got L615 on the 622 that was connected to the phone line I lost caller id on the remote 622 that still has L614. Did the DishComm test in the menu on both receivers and and the remote receiver kept saying "Homeplug Device" and no dial tone. They made a change in the menu with L615. They changed "Add" to "Scan". I did a hard boot on both receivers and got the dial tone back on the remote receiver and did the "Scan" on the other one and it found a link. So, I would just do a hard reboot and see if that fixes it.
I posted a similar problem a while back. I lost phone connection on my remote 622 when I had 614 and could not reestablish it. It kept telling me that Dishcomm was not available on that receiver, but on the main receiver the remote receiver was listed as "ON LINE".
Since then I got 615 on the remote receiver and still no change - still can not reestablish connection.

I still have L614. I first noticed it when my caller ID did not work. I checked and it said Broadband and Phone connection failure. I then checked connection with a telephone it was ok. I then put a new connection line on my receiver I still got the same message. Yesterday my phone rang the caller ID came up on the TV. At least for now it’s working again.

I also lost my phoneline and ethernet connection on my 622 when I got L615. I have another 622 that is working. I also had to rescan to get the dishcomm to notice the other receiver.

I called dish and they said they would not charge me for not having phoneline any more. I told them that was not good enough and that I want an operable receiver. They could not ship me out a new receiver because I ordered 2 new 21.0 remotes. After 5 days I will get an operable receiver. Looks like we have an issue.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure this is a software issue and not a bad receiver. If everything is working fine and then stops working when one of two receivers gets new software, what does that tell you? And they were messing around in the DishComm area with L615. For what I have no idea. They had it perfect in L614.

I still have L614. I first noticed it when my caller ID did not work. I checked and it said Broadband and Phone connection failure. I then checked connection with a telephone it was ok. I then put a new connection line on my receiver I still got the same message. Yesterday my phone rang the caller ID came up on the TV. At least for now it’s working again.

I've had this problem several times with my 622 and assumed it was a faulty DSL filter. Then I found that even a slight movement of the telephone line near the 622 receiver would cause the connection to be lost or reset.

I think it is a bad receiver connection for the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts