Dead (?) portable dvd player ?

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
My parents bought our kids (or us ?) this dvd player, 7" Portable LCD DVD Player with Built in ipod video dock at ABC Warehouse - Online Store, for Christmas. They rec'd it on Christmas Eve so we attempted to use it for the 1-1/2 hour drive home. It worked for less than 10 minutes.... My 6-year old daughter wouldn't let me fiddle with it too much since "we have to get home .... Santa's coming tonight !". :D

From reading the manual and what the front-panel lights are doing, first thought is the built-in battery needs charged. We had it plugged into the cigarette lighter though so I would think that the internal battery means nothing at that point. Nonetheless, we charged it the next day for the recommended 4-5 hours. Tried it again and still nothing (same behavior). Charged it overnight now, 8-10 hours, and still nothing.

The store they bought it from has "20 to 30" (I just called) so we'll probably just exchange it at this point, but in the meantime, is there something I'm overlooking ? I realize that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of these, were produced so we may simply have a defective one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)