Dealer markups

cvictorg

Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
USA
By mistake I was sent the dealer price sheets for a distributor that handles - among others - Gallo Acoustics, Monitor Audio, Cambridge, Furman - among others

For example - the Gallo Reference 3.1 Towers - Dealer cost is $2095 while the MSRP is $3295. The 5.1 A'diva Ti with the TR-2 Subwoofer - Dealer cost is $1194.60 while the MSRP is $2172.50

Cambridge Audio Azur 650R - dealer cost $1067 - MSRP $1799

Monitor Audio RX6 - Dealer Cost (Wood Veneer) $794 - MSRP $1250

If you want me to post the links just let me know

That's another good reason for going with an internet direct company, like SVS. They give you plenty of time to try them out. If you don't like them, send them back. Haven't heard of anyone sending them back though. All you'd lose is shipping, which is still probably cheaper than dealer's price. Since you don't have dealer markup or any other third party adding their profit to the price, you can get a lot more speaker/sub for the money. You can usually buy receivers cheaper from Amazon and Newegg too. I think they're factory authorized by Onkyo and Denon, so you get full warranty. Buy from unauthorized dealer, and there's no warranty from factory.
Good luck with whatever you do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)