T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
Hey VOOM! :welcome

We want Newsworld International: http://www.nwitv.com/ :bow

Our current news lineup is VERY limited: HDNews, CNN (CNN-CNN Headlines-CNNfn), MSNBC, CNBC, FOXNews - none of these offers ANY non-US based news source.
I do know in fact that most of my fellow Voomers definitely miss this channel and I also do know that my DirecTV subscriber friends usual complain against switching to Voom is 1) no NWI, no BBC 2) DVR would be good, in order of my friends priority.

I have to admit, I really miss this channel. :heart
When I was a DirecTV subscriber I loved NWI: tons of external sources like European Journal, German Journal, ITV News, Canada-CBC...

Programming: http://www.nwitv.com/schedule/

They have their on news broadcast at every hour as well as their correspondences from Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa South and Central America, brought by Bill Cunningham: http://www.nwitv.com/special.assignment/

Full show lineup: http://www.nwitv.com/news.magazines/

Besides this I would welcome BBC News finally on Voom - IIRC it's been promised months ago. :yes

T2k said:
I do know in fact that most of my fellow Voomers definitely miss this channel and I also do know that my DirecTV subscriber friends usual complain against switching to Voom is 1) no NWI, no BBC 2) DVR would be good, in order of my friends priority.

In fact "most" Voomers miss NWI???? I must have missed all the threads where people were clamoring to have this added.

And nothing against you or your D* friends, but I have a hard time believing that if Voom added NWI and BBC that we would get stampeded by D* customers wanting to switch. But I did see one other thread where somebody wanted BBC, which is not HD. I don't know about NWI, but would suspect it is not HD either.

The Stone Man said:
In fact "most" Voomers miss NWI???? I must have missed all the threads where people were clamoring to have this added.

Read first: I said most of M_Y fellow Voomers...
Seems we don't have common friends - so?

And nothing against you or your D* friends, but I have a hard time believing that if Voom added NWI and BBC that we would get stampeded by D* customers wanting to switch.

Having hard time... hmmm.. is your constitutional right, let me just put this way.
I said what I said - and quite frankly, I really don't care whether somebody can or cannot believe what I'm saying about my friends..

But I did see one other thread where somebody wanted BBC, which is not HD. I don't know about NWI, but would suspect it is not HD either.

No, it's not.

It's about be able to get foreign news, not only our preformatted, preselected American sources. As it's been proved many times, they all have their own agenda therefore impossible to get a REAL picture about the world if you only watch American news channels.

Me and most of my friends - from all kind of political camps - believe the real thing is when you can challenge your sources. That's the only way to avoid being blinded by official propaganda from either side.

It's not about being SD or HD.

Good luck to you and your fellow Voomers and your D* subscriber friends in getting the news that you want to see. What I said about having a hard time believing was that if Voom added these, lots of D* subscribers would switch. That has nothing to do with your friends. Just thought I'd clarify. Have fun with your thread, I'm done.

The Stone Man said:
Good luck to you and your fellow Voomers and your D* subscriber friends in getting the news that you want to see. What I said about having a hard time believing was that if Voom added these, lots of D* subscribers would switch.

Where did I say that?

That has nothing to do with your friends.

:) True. :)

Just thought I'd clarify. Have fun with your thread, I'm done.[/QUOTE]

OK. :)

Before you leave, may I ask what news channels do you watch regularly?
Seriously, I'm curious. ;)

I dont know what NWI is nor do I care. Nor do i want any more talking head TV news/debate/commentary idiots on my screen.

T2k said:
What news channels do you watch?

I don't watch any "news" channels. I catch a few minutes of the local morning news while trying to catch the weather report and that's more than enough for me. The rest of my news gathering is limited to the newspaper -- USA Today or Detroit News or Detroit Free Press. And I will occasionally tune in to HDN for a few minutes just because it's HD.

vurbano said:
I dont know what NWI is nor do I care. Nor do i want any more talking head TV news/debate/commentary idiots on my screen.
It's actually different and I miss it (had it with Comcast and I think Sure West before that).
It's just regular news reporting from different countries.

deeann said:
It's actually different and I miss it (had it with Comcast and I think Sure West before that).
It's just regular news reporting from different countries.
Exactly.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)