Debris

I haven't watched it yet. Was it a cliffhanger, like Timeless was? I regard cliffhangers at the season finale as an attempt to get renewed.

Was it a cliffhanger, like Timeless was?
I watched the finale just now. It wasn't exactly a cliffhanger, but it did add several more questions to an already lengthy list. There seem to be as many agendas in this show as there are main characters. The two main protagonists seem to be the only good characters. The rest are no good.

Yeh, I'm mad at them again for cancelling Prodigal Son.
Definitely! It was a great show and they just left it like that with no real ending. When deciding to cancel a show the executives, in their infinite wisdom (ha! ha! :rolleyes), could at least allow them a few extra episodes or maybe a two hour closer that gives a proper ending for those of us who were faithful enough to follow along! :mad:

Reactions: TheKrell
I will watch this once I know it has been renewed ( do not want to invest time in something that will not continue), but as much I have read about this show, it really sounds like it should have been on a streaming service like Netflix.

Gone: Debris Cancelled After 1 Season at NBC

Delete..... That frees up a few hours of TV time.
After being burned once too often by NBC cancelling a show, letting the story line hang, I had a series link set to record all of them but deleted all of the recordings, without watching any of them, since I had a feeling it would be cancelled.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Of course nowadays it's possible the show could turn up elsewhere but that doesn't seem to be happening that often anymore.
You would think that 5 million viewers would be a big enough audience for NBC to keep. Obviously not. :(

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You would think that 5 million viewers would be a big enough audience for NBC to keep. Obviously not. :(

I think people like me are not helping the cause. I won't watch some things unless I think there is likely to be an end to the story. I don't know if they know how many households are recording without watching right away. That is becoming the norm for me.

It could go to Peacock for streaming like Seal Team will do.

SEAL Team was renewed. Not sure how to feel about it moving to Paramount+ mid-season.

Debris was simply canceled. I was suggesting Amazon or Netflix was a possibility but that has not been happening much lately.

Last edited:
After being burned once too often by NBC cancelling a show, letting the story line hang, I had a series link set to record all of them but deleted all of the recordings, without watching any of them, since I had a feeling it would be cancelled.
I've done the same, Recorded them all, but haven't watched any ... will delete and free up some space on the DVR when I get a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)