December 15th Live Retailer Chat Recap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Happy Holidays, and once again welcome to SatelliteGuys exclusive live coverage of todays Dish Network retailer chat.

As always we will only report on issues of interest to the consumer, If you are a retailer and wish to discuss retailer issues please vist our sister site at http://boards.dishretailer.com

The show opens with Amir and Jim at the desk, they announce that Maredian Mississippi tommorow on 121, they then show the locals coming early next year which they showed the other night on the Charlie Chat.

Dish is launching South Asia World on Channel 811 from 121 Tommorow.

Now they are talking about Team Summit, registration opens today for Team Summit.

Still talking about Team Summit.

Now talking about Cable Company Rate Increases. Satellite Retailers are told to advertise heavily in areas where cable rates are going up.

Dish Network will soon start collecting email addresses from their customers so they can send customers email such as when their statement is available. A customer CAN opt out if they wish. :)

Name based recording will be launched to 50,000 522 receivers tommorow. (SatelliteGuys Testers got the software today) it will be rolled out to all by December 20th.

All 522 owners will get a "New Features" video on their units, and they will get the video twice to make sure all get it.

There will be a software update later in January which will add a season pass like feature

A new search will be available called "Dish Pass" you can setup seaches for words like whales, add it to your dish pass and whenever something is added to the EPG in the future your 522 will autmatically record that show for you automatically.

Talk about the Dish Pro Plus twin LNB.

It will NOT work with the DP34 switch. It will also not work with the 721, there will be a software update next month which will allow the 721 to work with the DPP Twin.

Ok show is over now...

As I figurd not much interesting, I will TRY to get screen shots later tonight of the 522 NBR software. (I say try as the video capture card is on the same PC as the one thats running the Holiday Channel, I dont want to boot people off the radio station if I don't have to.)

Happy Holidays!

When they announce the origional time frame 6 months ago they said the 522 would get it first then the 501/508/510 dvrs and then the 921 and finally the 721 would be last. So by next summer I guess we will finally all have namebased recording features. OF course by then we will have to trade in your hd receivers since they will be going to mpeg4. The funny thing we were supposed to have this namebased feature all implemented on all of the other receivers by this fall. Add a year to that and it will be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts