December NPD 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
PlayStation 2 333.2K
PlayStation 3 1.36M
PSP 654.7K
Xbox 360 1.31M
Wii 3.81M
Nintendo DS 3.31M

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Nov-09 2.82M
WII FIT PLUS* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Oct-09 2.41M
WII SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Jul-09 1.79M
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* 360 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 1.63M
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 1.12M
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Feb-07 1.01M
MARIO KART W/ WHEEL WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Apr-08 936.1K
ASSASSIN'S CREED II 360 UBISOFT Nov-09 783.1K
LEFT 4 DEAD 2 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Nov-09 728.5K
MARIO & LUIGI: BOWSER'S INSIDE STORY NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA

My god, Nintendo is just printing money. :eek:

And to think how Microsoft & Sony (and associated fan boys) laughed off the Wii when Nintendo announced it.

My god, Nintendo is just printing money. :eek:

And to think how Microsoft & Sony (and associated fan boys) laughed off the Wii when Nintendo announced it.

I still laugh it off as a gaming machine. I have one - my kids love it, but it gets maybe 2% of my individual gaming time. It's a glorified toy, and probably the biggest sham in the history of video games. There's no denying it's making money - I just wish we would have made them work a little harder to earn it. It's setting a horrible precedent for the next generation.

Along those lines, I love this editorial from IGN:

Column: Nintendo is Lazy and You Don't Care - Wii feature - at IGN

The Wii is a bit of an enigma. Everyone's always complaining that there aren't enough hardcore titles, but when hardcore titles are released (with the exception of those by Nintendo) no one seems to buy them. It's too bad because a number of their hardcore titles are quite good, like RE4, No More Heroes, Madworld, Zack & Wiki, Silent Hill, etc. I'd like to get some decent hardcore titles from someone other than Nintendo.

Yeah, because of the sales of their titles, and of Deadspace: Extraction (from EA, a marketing powerhouse), Sega has said they are likely to stop making more adult oriented games for the Wii.

It's a modern Rubick's cube. It's like roller skate sales to automotive sales or something. They both move people, just remarkably different quality. Im sure there's a better analogy, but bleh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts