Deciphering Pricing Hieroglyphics

wassupTC

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I was attempting to decipher the pricing structure for Time Warner Cable in Lincoln. I attempted a 'Chat' only to have the CSR tell me that service wasn't available for my location. Um, yeah, sure.

Anyway, here is a link to the pricing in Lincoln, NE:

Lincoln Rates | Time Warner Cable | Nebraska

How is Time Warner setup?

I would like to know the price of HD service, without any premium channels and then the cost of two CableCards. As best as I can figure at this point, the monthly before tax cost is:

$69.95 (basic service) + $9.95 (digital tier) + (2) $2.54 (cablecards) = $84.98

Is that it? Does having the 'digital tier' include all of the HD corresponding channels in the 'basic service' so the before tax value above is correct or is there an additional 'high definition' fee?

This all seems very expensive...maybe it's best to stay with satellite.

Nonetheless, thank you for all of the help!
TC

You should check to see what is "on sale" there is usually something on sale for new subs. Here TWC is running Cable/Phone/Internet for $99 for a year.

Found my own answer this morning. It is as I surmised in the OP:

$69.95 + $9.95 + $2.54 (x2) = $84.98 before taxes.

The only caveat was that the CSR stated that a technician would need to come out to 'install' the service. I want the two cablecards to install them in either a Ceton InfiniTV or HDHomeRun Prime tuner. Would a technician drop them off or insist on 'installing' them for me?

Oh well, the cost of cable TV is getting to be cost prohibitive. I find it astonishing how many people on the Satellite forums rage over D* and E* raising their prices, but that $85+ charge for Time Warner doesn't include any STBs or DVRs. Yikes! One DVR is over $10 per month, my current rate with Dish is less than that and I get essentially two DVRs with them. The few hassles that I have with satellite isn't worth $180 per year. I'll stop there, you didn't stop in to read me rant. :)

They usually have to do the install. They essentially have to put it in and then call the office and read the codes to the office to get the box to activate.

No, they don't HAVE to do it, but they INSIST on doing it. It is just inserting the card, and reading some numbers off a configuration screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)