Deer hunting with a brand new GMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecristman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Here’s a nice little GMC you can probably pick up pretty cheap right now.

Anyone who thinks a little ol deer can’t do some major vehicle damage needs to see these pics!

DEER HUNTING THE OLE FASHION WAY...

They were traveling in southern
Arkansas, between Mena and DeQueen.

Oncoming car clipped a deer and sent it straight up into the air. The deer came down head-first into Clayton's brand new truck. The deer's head went thru the front windshield, cutting the head (plus some) off, and landed in Jill's lap. The body of the deer flipped up, smashed in the top of the truck, and landed in the bed. Clayton couldn't see Jill from his side, because the top of the truck was smashed in so horribly.

He got out of the truck, went around, and opened the door on her side...only to start flipping out, because she was literally drenched in blood. However, neither one of them were hurt. Her parents were following in a separate vehicle and didn't see it happen...but
drove up on it right afterward. I can't imagine what they were thinking!

Attachments

• image0011.jpg
    image0011.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 606
  • image0077.jpg
    image0077.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 546
  • image0066.jpg
    image0066.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 573
  • image0055.jpg
    image0055.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 594
  • image0044.jpg
    image0044.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 628
  • image0033.jpg
    image0033.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 557
  • image0022.jpg
    image0022.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 579
What the hell? I hit a deer with my Kia Optima and not a scratch.

How and where the deer hits makes alot of difference. I hit a deer about 12 years ago with my Buick Park Avenue, the deer hit on the drivers side front fender and rolled off, the only damage was a broken headlight and the deer was dead. I imagine this was a direct hit and it bounced up into the roof and windshield.

It hit the weakest section of any vehicle and thats the windshield / roof area. I've always wondered why it is that the auto manufacturers never adequately reinforce the roof area with closed steel tubing and better impact resistant windshields. I've hit 3 deer in my life time, one was a bump in a miata, another was a run over in a full size dish fleet van and the deers leg got ripped off and the last was a dead one I ran over top of at 80mph in the middle of the night in an 86 mazda 626. The last one did the most damage to the undercarriage and exhaust and it took me about $10 in quarters to power wash the flesh and stomach contents from out of the bottom of the car.

I have hit 5 deer in my days, my wife 2 more. 2 were non-events - small deer that bounced off, at least 1 survived, and no damage to the vehicle. The others caused damage of at least $1,000 and 2 were much more costly. The most recent was when a deer running at full speed hit me and took out both driver side doors to the tune of $3,800. (Car was less than 6 months old - I was PI$$ED !!) Fortunately, in all my events no human was hurt.

In my parts it's never a case of "if", but rather "when" and "how much"...!

It hit the weakest section of any vehicle and thats the windshield / roof area. I've always wondered why it is that the auto manufacturers never adequately reinforce the roof area with closed steel tubing and better impact resistant windshields. I've hit 3 deer in my life time, one was a bump in a miata, another was a run over in a full size dish fleet van and the deers leg got ripped off and the last was a dead one I ran over top of at 80mph in the middle of the night in an 86 mazda 626. The last one did the most damage to the undercarriage and exhaust and it took me about $10 in quarters to power wash the flesh and stomach contents from out of the bottom of the car.

I hit a live one in a '84 Mazda 626, car pretty much looked like that truck. Insurance co. totaled the vehicle. Also caught the tail of a deer with my Miata 6 yrs. later. Ripped the tail right off a little one, got caught in the seam of the pop-up headlight. Small world, Van. You can't make this stuff up! What are the odds?

BMW deer hunting at 140 MPH

Here is what happens when you hit a deer at 140 on the autobahn.

Attachments

• image002-small_thumbnail.jpg
    image002-small_thumbnail.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 303
  • image003-small_thumbnail.jpg
    image003-small_thumbnail.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 250
  • image004-small_thumbnail.jpg
    image004-small_thumbnail.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 252
  • image006-small_thumbnail.jpg
    image006-small_thumbnail.jpg