Default TV channel

bobdee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2020
Arizona
When turning on a TV, what causes it to default to a certain channel? The TV it self, (programming, memory .etc), or possibly dish? A way to change it? I never really cared until recently.

Go to Settings then click on Power and change how you wish.
Thanks! That may solve a minor but annoying issue on the TV directly attached to my Hopper with Sling. Everytime I power it on, it selects a channel that my wife watches, that hasn't been tuned on the device for more than two weeks (and isn't even present in the selected Guide).

Thanks! That may solve a minor but annoying issue on the TV directly attached to my Hopper with Sling. Everytime I power it on, it selects a channel that my wife watches, that hasn't been tuned on the device for more than two weeks (and isn't even present in the selected Guide).
My joey in the bedroom always selects Buzzr for some reason. :rolleyes

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
The predicted "Smart" channel has actually saved me from tuning to upon waking it up. I do understand why some people don't like it (and glad there is an option to turn it off), but I like the feature :). I also like the HOME page that shows my most watched channels because it show me what is on the air on those channels and allows easy selection.

Reactions: Howard Simmons