Deleting DISH "TV Entertainment" junk files?

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
In my DVR under "TV Entertainment" are probably about 10 hours of junk I don't want (and didn't purposely record, they forced it to my DVR).

How do I delete those events to free up disk space for stuff I want to record/watch? I have a 625 and all I can do is play the files, there is no "delete" button.

pretty sure those aren't a part of the 150 hours of recording time you have on your drive. It is partitioned on a separate part of the receivers drive.
Even if you could delete them, you would still only be able to record the 150 hours dish has set for your drive for customer recording

Last time I checked, Tv entertainment files don't take up any hard drive space.
Atleast not on my 622 or 722.
10 hours, I find that hard to believe thats what Dish is taking from your hard drive space.

Yeap. I was coming back to say it is on the portion of the drive reserved for them. It does not affect the recording time available on your DVR for personal recording. I have :29 minutes on mine. No where near 10 hours.

S~

How about this? Waive the DVR fee since I don't get 100% of my DVR (let the junk pay my DVR fee each month) or continue the fee and give me the whole hard drive.

it's dish network, the fees leader in satellite tv. It'll never happen. ;)

How about this? Waive the DVR fee since I don't get 100% of my DVR (let the junk pay my DVR fee each month) or continue the fee and give me the whole hard drive.

it's dish network, the fees leader in satellite tv. It'll never happen. ;)

The terrible irony is that even with all of Dish's fees, the bottom line cost is often still LESS expensive than Direct TV or Cable. At least the cable company in my area.

How about this? Waive the DVR fee since I don't get 100% of my DVR (let the junk pay my DVR fee each month) or continue the fee and give me the whole hard drive...

You are getting the the size you were promised when you signed up. A couple years ago they bumped it from 100 to 150 hours. If you are running out of room, maybe you need to dump some of the "junk" you hvae recorded...or you could go somewhere else

The separate partition is fine, but I am paying for the DVR. They should use NONE of the HD space for their crap.

I also think they should do away with the external HD enabling fee. C'mon, $40 to plug your own drive into the USB port? Just another "Charlie sticking his filthy hand in your pocket because he can" charge. Because of this, I will not do the EHD thing.

D* does it too

Not to turn it into a flame war or warzone post. When i was a D* customer they had also their own partition on the dvr and where pushing some stuff as well. Then they where pushing whole ppv movies and i could see 3-4 movies on the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts