Deleting OTA stations???

acker1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
SE
I have a 722 receiver in my motorhome. When I get to new locations I like to have the OTA programs for local info-especially weather. My question--how do I delete the previous areas stations? I have tried the 'delete' in the guide but they are still there. And when I scan in a new area it loads all the OTA stations and I only want certain ones. I do select the ones I want but it still loads all of them. I suspect "user error" so any advice on how to do this the right was would be appreciated.
Thanks,
DICK

All you have to do when in the scan screen (menu 6, 9) is select the channel you want and hit delete. It will remove 1 or as many as you select. Then scan in your new area and if there are some of those you don't want then delete them too.

lakebum431--Thanks, I'll try that and get back on success/no success.
whatchel1--Thanks. I use the 'on screen' guide. Is there another?

DICK

Thanks to you both!

lakebum431--I tried it that way and it worked. I was checking the ones I wanted instead of the ones I didn't want. And then hitting 'done'.

whatcel1--I use the DISH onscreen guide. Is there another one available?

DICK

several choices

Thanks to you both!

lakebum431--I tried it that way and it worked. I was checking the ones I wanted instead of the ones I didn't want. And then hitting 'done'.

whatcel1--I use the DISH onscreen guide. Is there another one available?

DICK

You have several choices of "Dish" guide on a VIP receiver. All Chan, All Sub, All, HD, then you can have 4 customized guides. Are you using a VIP or not? Can't give an answer for non-VIP units.

Thanks again to both of you.

watchel1--I use the menus you mentioned plus a couple of personalized ones.
Dish is sending me a new receiver as the old one (6 months old) started freezing when I play back what I've recorded.
Also when I post using the 'quick reply" I get the message in the attachment. That's probably why I had a double post above. Again this is probably a 'user error' thing. :)

DICK
http://www.4ezdaz.com

Attachments

• DISH1.jpg
    DISH1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 105

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)