Dell is Selling Slingbox for $199

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it at a CompUSA store for $199 too.

It was for $199 at Circuit City this weekend as well. :)

I love my slingbox, I want to add a second unit, I got one hooked up to my ExpressVu receiver now and I want one to hook up to my Dish 622. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

I love my slingbox, I want to add a second unit, I got one hooked up to my ExpressVu receiver now and I want one to hook up to my Dish 622. :)

Slingbox is cool, but the picture is too small.

Also, I could not find a code that worked with my 211 set to Code 2 (Not default 1), so without remote control, it is kind of worthless.

I am also assuming my new 622, set to code 2, will also not be able to be controlled.

The amazing slingbox thing is that it can be used outside my network with no firewall changes. Somehow, I installed and tested inside the lan. I went on a trip to Seattle last weekend, for the heck of it, turned on the slingplayer, it FOUND my slingbox, through my network, behind NAT

they need to have some way of viewing without installing software. i would not be able to watch from work since i am unable to install programs.

As long as you sit back from the monitor, and have a decent connection, full screen mode is very watchable.

korsjs said:
they need to have some way of viewing without installing software. i would not be able to watch from work since i am unable to install programs.

Yes, a java web browser client would be very cool

I cannot install either, so I installed a java telnet on my home system, so I can go to any browser, and run that 'page' to get to telnet on my system

Very cool.

re company forbidden computers- that is how it should be but soon you will be able to have it to your PDA. This is what my wife will be doing. She is worried that it may be a problem with using the phone and the sling box at the same time. I told her I thought the phone would pause the sling ap when a call came in.

AS for screen size- you need to read the instructions. you can make the screen as big as your monitor if you need to sit a bit of distance away. PLUS- note that the latest sling beta 1.05 software along with the new firmware upgrade just released will improve the image quality by about 500%, IMO. it is worth the reinstall. I did it on two laptops and on the slower laptop it made the sling transmission actually work while the latest 1.04 version was full of hesitation that even the small screen couldn't handle. I recommend you look at the new beta if you haven't already done that. It also has new remote control compatibles. I was able to get one for my HR1--250 DVR that required a generic tivo one before.

How small of a screen is it? If I could get broadband and I could get it on a screen as large as my laptop (15.4" widescreen) in good quality then I would buy one. Would it work well on satellite broadband?

I've read that streaming with a sat connection is unreliable. PM me and I can let you demo on my box to see how well it plays. If the source is going to be uploaded via sat, I wouldn't bother. The beta software and firmware has been upgraded and is now general release.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I have a single sling box hooked up to my Dish 522 and a Tivo/ The Tivo is on the composite inputs and the 522 is on the RF inputs. I can switch inputs on the player to use either.

I cannot get a broadband connection where I live so that is why I ask if I can get it with satellite broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts