Denver Locals Volume too Loud

avchong

Jun 1, 2004
Why is the volume on some of the Denver local channels so loud. It is annoying as you have to reduce the volume everytime you view these channels.

Currently the channels are 8201-KCNC, 8203-KDVR and8205-KTVD and what is perplexing is that these loud channels will change from week to week.

Is Dish doing something here? The OTA channels do not have this variation in volume.

I have the same problem with those channels and also channel 20. The whole channel is loud and the commercials are even louder.

I've noticed this more and more as we get closer to the digital transition. Now whether or not that has anything to do with it I have no idea. I get this on satellite-delivered locals and also OTA. It makes me wonder if the station engineers aren't quite used to making adjustments to levels on the new equipment. I mean.... some of the commercials are so loud you have to turn down the volume and then when the program comes back on you can't hear it and have to turn it up.

You're right, this is a pain in the butt.

I have a feature in my TV that ... if I turn it on ... tries to level out the sound. However I run audio through an AV receiver with the TV speakers off. Not sure it would even work through the AV receiver. I guess I should give it a try. Maybe run all audio to TV and then optical audio out from TV to receiver. .... if I have enough of the right kinds of audio inputs on the tv... hmmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)