Denver Market: KMGH (ABC) audio sync?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Anyone else having problems with ABC in the Denver market? Since Thursday most of the show's I have recorded off of KMGH-HD, the ABC affiliate, have had minor to quite serious audio distortion. Examples include Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Men in Trees. Men in Trees was so bad that the mouth would finish talking and then the audio would kick in. I just deleted the thing.

I noticed that too...I think it was last week that Grey's was messed up...I don't watch the other shows. Out of all the Den channels, I notice ABC seems to have the most problems (vid, audio, etc).

Have you guys also just noticed it on ABC? I swear it's only ABC that's so screwed up and not any of the other channels. Even when watching football, ABC starts getting all pixelated some times and my first thought is: "crap, the sig strength on 129 just went to sh*t", but then I realize every other channel on 129 is fine.

Have you guys also just noticed it on ABC? I swear it's only ABC that's so screwed up and not any of the other channels. Even when watching football, ABC starts getting all pixelated some times and my first thought is: "crap, the sig strength on 129 just went to sh*t", but then I realize every other channel on 129 is fine.

Its just ABC. CBS, NBCamd FOX are fine (although NBC doesn't broadcast much in DD -- notice the sound in Heroes).

Time to start calling KMGH and begging for them to improve their system....

I have not watched the dvr'd copy of Lost yet, but What About Brian came out much better this week on KMGH. Audio was in sync; except for a popping noise for a minute or so near the end of the show. Annoying, but not nearly as bad as last week. Will watch Lost tonight. Fingers remain crossed for audio sync!!! :rolleyes:

KMGH Denver ABC Delayed Video

I have seen the problem too.

I am running a ViP 622 with the 3.66 Firmware.

I've seen the problem on only with KMGH Denver ABC (007-0 and 6330?) and it started last week some time.

I put in a service call a couple of days ago (late in the evening) and the representative said she would put in an Engineering ticket and I was to call back in 48 hours (which I will do today).

The delayed video does not happen all the time...I've noticed mostly in the morning for Good Morning America. The Denver digital equivalent (007-1) does not have the delay, and it's only on this one channel that is problematic.

Wow, you found an old thread. Other than some small issues this week with LOST, I haven't had audio sync problems with KMGH since I posted that back in the fall.

I often think, when it comes with Local-in-Locals that its probably the affiliate and not Dish Network that is having the problem. Always good to call the actual affiliate and complain too.

Is Pride 34 going to be on Dish?

Calling all Dish Network Subscribers in Wisconsin!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)