Calling all Dish Network Subscribers in Wisconsin!!!

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Ladies & Gentleman:

I have posted an article from The Milwaukee Journal/ Sentinel.

I also pasted it in an e mail to "Dish Network".

It states that "Fox Sports Net Wisconsin" is now the 19th regional sports network in the Fox Sports network group.

If any of you watched the "Brewers" game today, on Channel 444, you heard them mention it numerous times.

The point is, we are subjected to watching channel 436 as our Fox Sports net feed. As you all know its programming consists of Minnesota teams, which we rarely see, and if so, have no real interest in.

Bottom line!!!!!!!!. Please take the time to call and e mail them to get them to dedicate an alternate for our Wisconsin sports. I can guarantee you that we are missing quite a lot of programming.

There was an example of that today, when they suddenly cut the feed on the interview with Bill Hall, after the postgame had concluded.

The sollution is simple:

Simply drop 436 for Wisconsin subscribers, and dedicate one of the alternates as "Fox Sports net Wisconsin". That way we can set our favorites for one specific channel, instead of having to guess which alternate the games will be shown on.

In addition, this should have no adverse effect on the question of band width.

Thanking you in advance.

Chinatown

"Network gets stately title
Posted: March 31, 2007
SportsDay

Bob Wolfley

Fox Sports Net North is changing its name to Fox Sports Net Wisconsin effective Monday.

The announcement for the change is expected to be made Monday, the day the Milwaukee Brewers open their season against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Miller Park. FSN Wisconsin is to carry 125 Brewers games this season.

The network changed its name in order to "more closely reflect the Wisconsin market and the interests of its viewers," according to a spokesman for the cable regional, which currently is based in Minneapolis.

FSN Wisconsin becomes the 19th regional sports network in the Fox Sports Network group.

"With our extensive programming lineup. . . .relaunching the local network as FSN Wisconsin was a logical move," said Mike Dimond, vice president and general manager of FSN North and FSN Wisconsin.

Buy a link hereBesides Brewers games, FSN Wisconsin is to become the exclusive home of Milwaukee Bucks games next season, airing 70 games as well as pre- and post-game Bucks shows. The network also carries Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (high schools) and Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (colleges) programming."

I emailed E* and they referred it to the programming department. The programming department responded that Wisconsin games are on the alternate channels - duh, they think we are idiots. They are not aware of Fox Sports Wisconsin.

"But is Fox Sports Wisconsin" really now its own full time 24/7 channel? What programming does it have to set it apart from Fox Sports North aside from Brewers games? Or is just a copy of FSN-North save for the 3 hours Brewers telecast?

My humble guess that the latter is the case, and this is a money grab from Fox (we gave you a "new" channel, now pay us more $$$).

right now the online guides (zap2it, tiantv) still show it as "FSNO3" which FSN North has 3 feeds
-one for the Minneapolis metro area
-one for outstate MN & trhe Dakotas (they show the Twins games that the metro sees on WFTC 29)
-one for Wisconsin

this almost sounds like FSN Houston & FSN Utah which are still part of FSN SW & FSN RM but gives it a more "local" feel.

is any of the brewer games or bucks games going to be shown in HD?? Or is it just a standard station?

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

FSN North (Wisconsin)
No HD programming scheduled

FSN Northwest

Sunday, Apr. 1, 2007
5:30 PM FSN Live Sonics Tip
6:00 PM Nuggets at SuperSonics
8:30 PM FSN Live Sonics Post
9:00 PM PRIDE Fighting Championships

Monday, Apr. 2, 2007
2:30 PM FSN Live - Mariners Pre
3:30 PM A's at Mariners
6:30 PM FSN Live - Mariners Post

Wednesday, Apr. 4, 2007
6:30 PM FSN Live - Mariners Pre
7:00 PM A's at Mariners
10:00 PM FSN Live - Mariners Post
10:30 PM FSN Final Score

Friday, Apr. 6, 2007
7:00 PM FSN Live Sonics Tip
7:30 PM Lakers at SuperSonics
10:00 PM FSN Live Sonics Post
10:30 PM FSN Live

Monday, Apr. 9, 2007
7:00 PM Rockets at SuperSonics
9:30 PM FSN Live Sonics Post
10:00 PM FSN Live

Friday, Apr. 13, 2007
7:00 PM Rangers at Mariners

Tuesday, Apr. 17, 2007
7:00 PM Twins at Mariners

Wednesday, Apr. 18, 2007
7:00 PM Twins at Mariners

FSN North (Minnesota)

Tuesday, Apr. 3, 2007
6:30 PM FSN Live - Timberwolves Pre
7:00 PM Cavaliers at Timberwolves
9:30 PM FSN Live - Timberwolves Post
10:00 PM NBA Action

Monday, Apr. 9, 2007
5:30 PM Twins Live
6:00 PM Yankees at Twins
9:00 PM Twins Live
9:30 PM Spotlight

Tuesday, Apr. 10, 2007
6:30 PM Twins Live
7:00 PM Yankees at Twins
10:00 PM Twins Live

Wednesday, Apr. 11, 2007
6:30 PM Twins Live
7:00 PM Yankees at Twins
10:00 PM Twins Live

Time Warner.......

"But is Fox Sports Wisconsin" really now its own full time 24/7 channel? What programming does it have to set it apart from Fox Sports North aside from Brewers games? Or is just a copy of FSN-North save for the 3 hours Brewers telecast?

My humble guess that the latter is the case, and this is a money grab from Fox (we gave you a "new" channel, now pay us more $$$).

I think it is channel 31........I remember it from years ago. It shows the normal fox programming...Best Damn, Chris Meyers, etc...........Again, all on one channel.

There's an example of programming we are missing today on the new network. I am in Sun Prairie, 3 miles from Madison, but since I am a E* sub, I still have the Minnesota feed and can't watch the "Wisconsin Women's Hockey Str8up" special that is airing on Fox Sports North Wisconsin at 6 p.m. I know most people aren't women's hockey fans, but it is an example of non-game coverage localized programming that we are missing as Dish subs simply because it is easier for them to offer the generic Minnesota feed. So, here in Dane County, 10 minutes from the UW campus, we can't watch the Badger special, but instead will find Gopher Weekly on our air.

Yep, Gophers, that's what all Badger fans want to watch in their hometown!

Way to be responsive E*!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)