Dish Network 1522b Error Code

doubleafarms

Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
Marion, Iowa
Getting chronic intermittent error code 1522b. 'Outdoor unit is currently updating. Live TV will return soon.'
This usually only lasts a few seconds. Sometimes it is followed by the complete signal loss message, sometimes not. It seems to happen more frequently in the evening, but that may be because that's when we use the TV most. It may happen every 5 to 10 minutes for hours. It not only disrupts what you're watching live, it disrupts anything being recorded to the DVR. The impact on the recorded shows may make playback difficult or impossible. Shows suddenly skip to the end or cannot be resumed if paused.

Dish support has been no help. I have contacted support several times when the problem is occurring and gotten the ' We're too busy to help you now call back later' Click. When I have gotten ahold of them they say they can't help me unless the problem is occurring while I am on the phone with them. Not very helpful for a chronic intermittent.

Something mysterious. When I've had DISH support on the phone and mentioned 1522b, they act sort of startled and their manner changes. Like less helpful and eager to get rid of me ASAP. Like they know something they're not telling me.

A couple more days of this and I may be forced to let DISH go after 20 years of being a DISH customer.

What receiver do you have? If it's a hopper duo and on a hybrid lnb it might be resolved by changing to a dish pro plus lnb. If it's a hopper 2 or 3 then can attempt to change lnb, but in my experience once it starts happening frequently like you are seeing, the receiver needs to be replaced.
I'd call back and tell them you want a tech visit and you've already done troubleshooting and they can send a tech for free or cancel your account. Not saying to actually cancel but when you tell them that they tend to start doing things lol.