Denver Snowbird

fredtx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I live in Denver from roughly Memorial Day through October, then spend the other time in south Texas. My quandary is as follows, if I install E* and have it activated in Denver with locals, what happens when I relocate to Texas for the winter? Will I still have access to the Denver locals in Texas? What about duplicate dish equipment in each location since I am literally helpless when it comes to techie stuff.

I have been reading all about the limitation on getting distant network service and the difficulty of getting E* to do things right each time we head south or north. By the way we live in patio home in both place so the RV waiver for DNS will not be an option for us.

Would appreciate any help, suggestions or answers to the above.

You'll have to pay for the setup in Texas, or get a dish and install yourself.

As for locals, just call them when you move and give them the address in Texas and you can have your locals from down there. I think Denver is not spotbeamed as they are used for DNS, so you probally could not call and just keep the Denver if you wish. You may, however, lose any smaller networks that are spotbeamed, i.e. NOT ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX.

If you don't feel comfortable installing yourself a local retailer down there may cut you a deal on some used equipment plus install cost since there is no activation involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts