Deperately Need HD D**!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dkpack99

Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Here is my problem...

Last year I moved and D** had the local (incompetent) installers attemp to install a new dish (HD dish), they were pretty bad and had tons of problems. I ended up having them install the older (non-HD) dish -- the problem was supposedly because of trees, they couldn't get all of the satellites signals...Evidently, is was either HD channels or regular channels...

Now I have a new HD (Panasonic AE700) projector, and I'm deperate to get my HD. I am also a longtime D** / Tivo user and would hate to have to switch to digital cable....

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get HD with D**? Could I mount a second dish to point at the HD satellites and then combine them??? Any input and / or creative solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

P.S. - Does anybody have any experience with the video processors scalers that supposedly upgrade a "normal" sat the signal to HD?? :confused:

Thanks for the response! They did, I really do have a bunch of trees... I also just spoke with somebody and they said that a "Gain Master Dish" might help???

What exactly is the Phase III dish? (Sorry for my ignoarance!).. They tried this last year... is it newer than that?

Thanks dfergie!

How would a two dish solution work?? Otherwise, I believe they were talking about the gainmaster... Although if it is possible/practical to usee two dishes that might be best... I''d hate to buy a Channel/Gain master and still not be able to pick it all up... Any advice on the two dish set-up would be great!

dkpack99 said:
Here is my problem...

Last year I moved and D** had the local (incompetent) installers attemp to install a new dish (HD dish), they were pretty bad and had tons of problems. I ended up having them install the older (non-HD) dish -- the problem was supposedly because of trees, they couldn't get all of the satellites signals...Evidently, is was either HD channels or regular channels...

Now I have a new HD (Panasonic AE700) projector, and I'm deperate to get my HD. I am also a longtime D** / Tivo user and would hate to have to switch to digital cable....

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get HD with D**? Could I mount a second dish to point at the HD satellites and then combine them??? Any input and / or creative solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

P.S. - Does anybody have any experience with the video processors scalers that supposedly upgrade a "normal" sat the signal to HD?? :confused:

Hi Dave,

What is your Zip Code, and have you tried any of the Custom Installation Techs in your area???

Doc

Basically you will mount 1 dish aimed at the 101 satellite, and a phase 3 dish at a different location aimed to pick up the 110 & 119 locatiions the output of both dishes is run to a 4 X 4 or a 4 X8 switch and from there to your receivers. Unless you are experienced a local Satellite installer who knows what he is doing will make life much easier.

Dave,
My experience suggests there may be a simpler solution. I was told twice that I couldn't recieve all satellites because of trees. First time, the installers insisted that they would have to go up to the top of the roof but I didn't want it there because I wanted the ability to clean snow off of it. The same company sent out another tech, and he told me that there were no places in my yard that could get all three sats. I refused to give up, and asked him to walk around the yard with me and show me why certain spots wouldn't work. He took his satellite finder with him, and after about 10 minutes, he was able to find a spot that worked. There was an extra charge for setting the pole (I buried the cables which saved a few bucks), but, I was able to get all three sats with one dish.

You may want to get another opinion.

P.S. I have not had to clear snow off the dish in two years.

hmmmm usually if we could get 110 and 119, 101 is no problem

you could run a 2 dish setup like someone else has mentioned, or you could try a tripod on the roof. this looks like a camera stand and will rasie the dish up about 3-5 feet. this should give you the clearance you need. it may not be the most pretty thing on the roof but hey as long as it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts